Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need help identifying..

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by JasonMarcrich, Aug 17, 2008.

1. JasonMarcrich

JasonMarcrich recruit

Hello guys,

I have some trouble identifying this Erkennungsmarke. I already sent the information on the badge to WASt, but since they don't reply to my messages I'm asking you to help me out with this. I'd like to know who this soldier was, where he's from, if he's still alive etc. you know what I mean. Hopefully you can help me out, I would appreciate that! grtz. Jason

[​IMG]

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Welcome to the forum. For a start I'd say they are two different halves of two tags, tied together by a wire. This probably means these were taken by a surviving soldier on the bodies of two casualties, so I'd believe they are both dead (both halves are supposed to be identitical for living soldiers). I can't decypher everything but her erare a few things:

-the first one: 3rd Kompanie P (=Panzer Abteilung? not sure here) Ausbildungs Regiment 10 soldier 367.

-the second one: Grenadier Ers. Bataillon 588 (replacements) Marsch Kompanie Number 20

Hope this will help you

Slipdigit likes this.
  3. JasonMarcrich

JasonMarcrich recruit

Thanks for your information. Do you know where I can find the name of soldier 367 (or how to find it)? I've searched almost the whole day and didn't find anything usefull :p (but that's probably because I'm not really into this stuff)
    And about the second one: you say it's Marsch Kompanie Number 20. Is 20 the number of the Kompanie or the soldier's number like 367 in the first one?

Jason