Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Some ideas

Discussion in 'Counter-Battery Fire' started by JCFalkenbergIII, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Here is an idea for some new sub forums. I was thinking perhaps one for Uniforms and Insignia and one for Military organisations and Units. I know there is a forum for Militaria in general but these might be helpful for those of us who have a more defined interest.

Otto likes this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I will forward your idea, you never know

3. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Thanks. I think it is already a consideration ;).

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

It is. I've been meaning to expand the forums for some time now, suggestions in that area will be helpful. We've already added the Chine-Burma-India sub-forum and more are on the way.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Not that im hinting or anything but this idea is due to that I don't really understand the photo galleries. I mean, wouldn't it be easier to have all the photos posted in it's own lil corner?

Also, it certainly works on other sites im on where the head honcho picks a photo and places it for whateveramountoftimehesodeems? at the top of the forums and then changes it every so often.

One final thing, how about a photo or series of a few photos that headline every forum? For instance-and im not trying to be a glory hog but, I have a series of four photo's that were taken in the field of several German soldiers being presented their Ek2's (that's) Iron Cross 2nd classes for those who remain uninformed ;-)) Anyway, those four photo's would go perfectly in heading the Militaria forum-not just cause they are mine but ;-))

I'm now off my :rant: for now.

6. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

The Photo idea would work better if people actually TAGGED their photos. :eek: And also included descriptions with their photos. That way, for instance, in the Militaria forum, Otto could (hypothetically, since its just an idea atm) have a script that displays only photos with certain TAGS on them in certain forums. Yah?

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Musso/ that sounds great to me. Also-and not that im hinting again, but, the photo's I sent to Otto sometime ago, I can't remember if I had written any info on the backs of them or not? Also, being it's been awhile, I can't honestly say what photo's I had made copies of to be able to say anything about them until they are posted.

Anyway, a "News Ticker" or "Info Slip" type thing; with the info on it is a great idea.

Best regards-Carl.

8. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

thread pinned

9. Joe

Joe Ace

Gasp!

10. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Also in addtion to the ideas of Uniforms and Insignia and one for Military organisations and Units how about a central one for the personal stories of WWII vets?

11. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Another new idea might be a section just for vendors to post in. That way the amount of spam they try to post would be eliminated and contained LOL..

12. Mussolini

Spammers spam, they don't post in one place or even in the 'correct' threads. Wouldn't do anything.

13. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Thats true. but there are a few that are legitimate. Of course they still cant post in the right area LOL.

14. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Then of course perhaps a Vendor or For Sale subforum? And another idea would be a forum for the types of threads and questions most commonly ask. For example the "Best" ."Favorite" and other similar types that appear often.

15. Richard

Richard Expert

Spammers meet your enemy.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :troll1: :_swear:

Otto and bigfun like this.
  16. Richard

Richard Expert

This one is for Za!

I have noticed the great Za has been putting food & drink in to his threads lately. So how about a little sub forum all for Za to post his food ideas and what wines to get this month. :D

17. Mussolini

10 steps ahead of you as far as the Vendor Forum goes. We're still debating this idea in the Command Post. Lots to consider, along with the best way to organize it.

18. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

You buggers....just wrote a 10 page epic reply to a new member on new members and you pulled the guy...I hate it when that happens...What do I do with my 10 page epic now....? Still suppose it stopped ww3 forums starting early.

19. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Sorry mod, I only put that in here cos it looked like he was on the selling route.

20. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

You could keep it simple and allow the seller to post a listing of the item description along with a link to an eBay listing in which the item is actually for sale. That way eBay deals with the transaction and the WW2F listing is more of a marketing piece. It also forces eBay to act as the decision-maker if a questionable item comes up for sale.

Just a thought . . .