mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:04 PM

It’s that time of year.
Posted Image

College football started this weekend, and what a great weekend it was. I went to Happy Valley yesterday to watch as #22 Penn State rolled Coastal Carolina 66-10 (my second game in three days). There where other great games this weekend as #24 Alabama upset #9 Clemson. You had some close games and some blowouts. Overall I’m just happy it’s football season. So what games did you all watch?
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#2 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United...oh wait, you're talking about the AMERICAN version!

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#3 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United...oh wait, you're talking about the AMERICAN version!

Why of course. Is there some other version of football nearly as entertaining?:D

Are those high school teams?
:D:D:D
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#4 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Any one of those teams I mentioned could rape the US Mens 'Soccer' Team, with their benchwarmers!

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#5 Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:12 PM

I was very pleasantly surprised to turn on the TV and see my USC Trojans play (they whupped up on Virginia 56-14)

I got to also see the fourth quarter of Utah/Michigan. I was ticked off this year that Sports Illustrated completely disregarded the entire Mountain West conference, so it was sweeeeeeet to see a Mountain West team beat a Big Ten team.

Take that S.I.!!!

#6 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:49 PM

I was even more surprised to see the Crimson Tide of Alabama hand Clemson their heads back on a platter. The only time the game was even close was while the ball was in the air on the opening kickoff.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#7 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:18 PM

I was even more surprised to see the Crimson Tide of Alabama hand Clemson their heads back on a platter. The only time the game was even close was while the ball was in the air on the opening kickoff.

This game made me happy. Eastern Carolina beating the Hokies made me even happier. Now my BC Eagles look like they have a shot at doing some damage in a weakened ACC. I just hope Miami and FSU do not take advantage of the weakness, too!

#8 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:29 PM

The Crimson Tide did a great job. I got to say that that is just good coaching getting your team ready for a big game for opening day. I was also surprised at Louisville’s performance getting almost shut-out by Kentucky, save for a safety. Last night UCLA upended Tennessee in overtime. I thought that it was a good game.

#9 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

U. of Orygun blasted Washington state out of the stadium recently

so does my states team get up in the top 20 this year ? ........... nah ...........

#10 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,073 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:42 PM

Not a great start.

Posted Image ARKANSAS ST 18
Posted Image TEXAS AM 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

so does my states team get up in the top 20 this year ? ........... nah ...........

Unfortunatly probably not. With USC and UCLA back to back it will be tough. It was an impressive win though.

#12 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:32 PM

New rankings are now out:

1.Southern California
2.Georgia
3.Ohio State
4.Oklahoma
5.Florida
6.LSU
7.Missouri
8.West Virginia
9.Texas
10.Auburn
11.Wisconsin
12.Kansas
13.Texas Tech
14.Arizona State
15.BYU
16.Oregon
17.Alabama
18.South Florida
19.Penn State
20.Wake Forest
21.Fresno State
22.Clemson
23.Utah
24.South Carolina
25.Illinois

Clemson and Illinios shouldn't be in the list IMO

#13 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

funny though Oregon has popped South Cali several times the last years.........we wait and see. surprised she - Orygun got that high of a rating

#14 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

New rankings are now out:

1.Southern California
2.Georgia

22.Clemson
23.Utah
24.South Carolina
25.Illinois

Clemson and Illinios shouldn't be in the list IMO

Who would you want to replace them, Mike?

Best Regards,  

SlidigitAxe.png

#15 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:54 PM

Clemson dropped out of the AP poll already.

#16 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

Well Jeff, I am one of those people who believe that the players can only play the schedule in front of them. Both those teams lost, so anyone who won there game would do.

But if you need some teams here are three good teams that I wouldn't mind seeing in the top 25

East Carolina
BC
Cincinnati

#17 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:40 PM

East Carolina MUST be in the Top 25 when the next polls come out. After beating the Hokies last week and owning the Mountaineers today, they will also be the media darlings of the next week. If they are not Top 15, it will be an injustice. My BC Eagles flopped against the Jackets today so I have to take them out of my Top 25.

#18 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

East Carolina MUST be in the Top 25 when the next polls come out. After beating the Hokies last week and owning the Mountaineers today, they will also be the media darlings of the next week. If they are not Top 15, it will be an injustice.

:football:Completely agree with top 15, dg. Not only did they win, but they won convincingly. Dominated the line of scrimmage from the first play and never looked back. Where the hell did Pinkney come from. He was almost perfect, and is really starting to impress me. I got really exited watching Ohio St. have a tough time with Ohio. They should drop in the rankings one or two spots but I believe they have USC next week. Oregon looked impressive again so look for them to move up the polls. My Nittany Lions defeated Oregon St 45-14, so I am once again happy for another week.

#19 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

AP top 25 after 2 weeks of play
1.USC (33) 1-0
2.Georgia (23) 2-0
3.Oklahoma (2) 2-0
4.Florida (4) 2-0
5.Ohio State (1) 2-0
6.Missouri (1) 2-0
7.LSU (1) 1-0
8.Texas2-0
9.Auburn2-0
10.Wisconsin2-0
11.Alabama2-0
12.Texas Tech2-0
13.Kansas2-0
14.East Carolina2-0
15.Arizona State2-0
16.Oregon2-0
17.Penn State2-0
18.Brigham Young2-0
19.South Florida2-0
20.Wake Forest2-0
21.Fresno State1-0
22.Utah2-0
23.California2-0
24.Illinois1-1
25.West Virginia1-1

#20 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,073 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:47 PM

Well it's better. Who is NM anyway????

Posted ImageTEXAS AM 28

Posted ImageNEW MEXICO 22
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#21 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,836 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

New Mexico, that is where Co-atch Franchie-one started out as a Div 1 co-atch.

Best Regards,  

SlidigitAxe.png

#22 Lias_Co_Pilot

Lias_Co_Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 03:34 AM

Well it's better. Who is NM anyway????

Posted ImageTEXAS AM 28

Posted ImageNEW MEXICO 22

Actually, NM has quite some offensive firepower. It's typical for them to start the season slow, but once they get going, their scores are like 46-44 or 42-38.

NM passed up 5 million to play the game in primetime-in San Antonio. Indicative of the anti business, anti establishment, thinking prevalent in the state.
Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make history.

#23 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Alright, week 3 is finished minus a few postponed games due to hurricanes. Ohio St. looked about as bad as you can against USC this weekend. Oreagon barly scrapped by with a win in 2OT (I didn't think it would get that far). My own Nittany Lions put up 55 pts again. Auburn and Mississippi St's score lookd more like a baseball score than a football score ending with an Auburn win 3-2. South Florida upset Kansas 37-34. And Illinios (Who I said doesn't belong in the top 25 after week one) barly scrapped by Louisiana-Lafayette 20-17.

Edited by mikebatzel, 15 September 2008 - 10:51 AM.

#24 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:46 AM

The AP top 25 following 3 weeks of play
1. USC (61) 2-0 1,596
2. Oklahoma 3-0 1,485
3. Georgia (2) 3-0 1,437
4. Florida (1) 2-0 1,414
5. Missouri 3-0 1,389
6. LSU 2-0 1,274
7. Texas 2-0 1,140
8. Wisconsin 3-0 1,076
9. Alabama 3-0 982
10. Auburn 3-0 958
11. Texas Tech 3-0 904
12. South Florida 3-0 801
13. Ohio State 2-1 800
14. Brigham Young 3-0 788
15. East Carolina 3-0 781
16. Penn State 3-0 779
17. Oregon 3-0 679
18. Wake Forest 2-0 482
19. Kansas 2-1 445
20. Utah 3-0 428
21. West Virginia 1-1 179
22. Illinois 2-1 163
23. Clemson 2-1 160
24. Florida State 2-0 146
25. Fresno State 1-1 121
Parentheses-first place votes
last number is total votes

#25 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,073 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2008 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, alot of buckeye fans here were rabid after that game. At least Texas is looking decent even though I'm an Aggie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users