8 replies to this topic

#1 Howitzer

Howitzer

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:11 PM

Hello guys, at young age I was like a thrall to war like any young boy I guess, eventually I discovered books about as thick as (I would say an Americans head, but I don't think being racist would be good to my public image) a recent pc's width that I read once or twice and it just made me a war nut!

I didn't really think much of WW II, apart from the fact that Nazis were twits and Germany was quite a nice country. I've always been interested in WW I, bearing the fact that my country contributed a 1/16 of it's population as a Common Wealth.

Hi :)

#2 wtid45

wtid45

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

You didn't really think much of ww2 is that still the case:confused: bearing in mind this is a forum on said topic.And try not to upset our yank friends just yet:eek:
WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US AND SAY, FOR YOUR TOMORROW,WE GAVE OUR TODAY. Epitaph on the Kohima memorial .

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 22,405 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:46 PM

Welcome and yes, it's not the wisest thing to make Yank jokes in a first post (or about any other nationality). My American friends are quite picky. I'd be for less. If you were joking, they have a good sense of humor but still and please allow us time to discover your personnality first.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#4 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Howitzer -- Despite your introductory dig at Americans (and I am a proud member of that class), I shall still bid you welcome. That said, if you are going to criticize my country, I would at least like to know the basis for your bias. There are thick headed people in all countries, including my country and your country, but Americans have done much for the world over the years so what exactly makes you believe that we are all thick headed?

#5 wtid45

wtid45

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:28 PM

Howitzer -- Despite your introductory dig at Americans (and I am a proud member of that class), I shall still bid you welcome. That said, if you are going to criticize my country, I would at least like to know the basis for your bias. There are thick headed people in all countries, including my country and your country, but Americans have done much for the world over the years so what exactly makes you believe that we are all thick headed?

And so it begins;)
WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US AND SAY, FOR YOUR TOMORROW,WE GAVE OUR TODAY. Epitaph on the Kohima memorial .

#6 Kruska

Kruska

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Hello Howitzer,

Noooo problem with me :D, I am a very tollerant guy if things run my way. And as long as you don't critizise Germany we will get along well - afterall everyone has his limits right?:)

Regards
Kruska
Imagine there is a WAR!!! - and your TV doesn't work

#7 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

welcome to the forums, but let's leave the bickering at the door. You will find that people who come here to stir up trouble do not stay for long. That said, your opening statement already draws the eyes of the OKF in your direction. So let's keep things civil here ok? As stated this is a WW2 forum. Enjoy your stay.

Check out my AAR Threads in the Gaming + Simulation section!

Currently playing Total War: Rome 2

#8 krieg

krieg

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:12 AM

welcome aboard
a fine and interesting place here..you will enjoy your stay
cheers krieg
for thow . will be ours someday.we shall have it all
.:ww1ace:.. und mear...:snoopy:....

#9 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:48 AM

Well, I'm with dg here. Welcome, jump right in and enjoy your time on the forums. I will take the initial jab as a joke....for now. We Americans do have a good sense of humor, but don't believe in the stereotypes.
  • dgmitchell likes this
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users