Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Well well well, after all it appears...

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Za Rodinu, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

In 1935, a mysterious group, Vril was found in Northwest Germany that was to develop a series of flying disc. The disc crafts were to be installed by a revolutionary electro-magnetic-gravitic engine that powered the rotating disc wing or internal disc blade. In 1939, A several of prototypes were said to be tested at Arado Brandenburg aircraft testing field. Stable and control problems were revealed during flight tests. In 1943, the SchutzStaffel maneuvered to take control of the weapon from the German Army. One of the tasks was researching the alternative energies and fuels. The SS took over the most completed models, the Vril RFZ-5 and RFZ-6, redesignated it as Haunebu I and II. The armament was planned the KSK strong ray cannon but was installed existing KG gun and tank cannon instead. In 1944, the SS had intended to produce the Haunebu II with tenders for both Junkers and Dornier but in early 1945 Dornier was chosen. However, the end of the war prevented Dornier from building any Haunebu production.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Type: Heavy Armed Flight Gyro
    Purpose: To explore the VTOL flying-disc craft that powered by electro-magnetic engine
    Span (dia.): 32m.
    Height: 11.20m.
    Engine: 1x Thule Triebwerk EMG engines
    Max.speed: 6000 km/h (planned)
    Crew: 9
    Armament:6x MG-131 machine gun / 2x 3.7 Flak 43 cannon

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

M ~ the article is a bit perverted, the silly men in black tried to take over the palns and mock ups from the Lw techs, I have drawings from GErmany on this back from the 1960's some really weird findings and ideas that back in it's time really sounded like a true idea that could come off .............

3. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Somewhat tentatively I'll dip my toe into saucerhead world for the first time in a while. I used to 'disagree' with these chaps on a non ww2 basis and it's the closest I've come to religious fanaticism where 'hope' is the real deity...

"I want to believe" is the unspoken mantra.
    I don't, and tinfoil hats give me a terrible itch...
    [​IMG]

This is a useful page on the subject, ignore the familiar top two thirds and go straight to the final section beginning with "Stories of the scientific advances of the Third Reich have circulated for decades. KEVIN McCLURE explains that the flying saucer legend ain’t exactly rocket science."
    The chap that wrote the final section was/is a writer for the once-excellent 'Fortean Times' (I believe the article is from there) and has a good grasp of the mythos of the subject and the motivations of some saucerheads.
    (Though doubtless there are countless others refuting the author as some sort of deranged heretic... they do like a good old bitter and spite-filled row in saucer-world) :

These paragraphs give a flavour:
    Cheers,
    Adam.

4. m kenny

m kenny Member

5. arneken

arneken Member

I do still think that Roswell was just an Nazi-saucer who crashed down. Nothing more nothing less. but yeah you read it more and more that th egrmans may had seucers.

6. Keystone Two-Eight

Keystone Two-Eight Member

Id have to agree. Until it breaks on UP, CBS, NBC,ABC CNN or Fox, Im gonna have to be a sceptic.

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

let's get off this goofy subject, especially since I am positive that Adamski’s "saucer" was really a dolled up chicken brooder (automatic feeder) from the late forties, mid-fifties. Here is a model which I believe is still for sale:

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/AdamskiFlyingSaucerPage.htm

Or Adamski’s photo might really represent a tobacco humidor cover with ping-pong balls attached to the underside as proposed by the USAF:

http://ufos.homestead.com/afdoc2.jpg

About as much a flying saucer as the Nazi phonies which have been posted here, they probably used the model from "fantastic plastic".

8. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Chicken feeder? I'm offended! I would like to bring to your attention the source I took for the piece of information I based this topic on. Enjoy! :D

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

it all makes sense now: saucer + chicken = yummy M2