• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WW2Rhino

WW2Rhino

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

I am doing research on my grandfather's unit. He was a member of the 575th Anti Aircraft Artillery during the Battle of the Bulge. He was a driver in the quad .50 cal half-tracks. I know for sure that he was involved in the liberation and followed the prisoners that were liberated from Mauthausen concentration camp. The trouble is I do not know which Company he was in. I am ultimately looking to obtain a copy yard photo from his company before they shipped. I am also looking an original DUI, but can't even find a picture of one, let alone one to buy.

His name was: Harry B. Harrison of French Lick, IN. He joined in 1943-44 and shipped form the US with the 575th AAA. All unit histories that I have found are sparse and lacking in detail. Any help with anything concerning this would be great.

"After a scrap I usually drink my tea through a straw."

— Derek Robinson, 'Piece of Cake'

#2 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,732 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:25 AM

575th AAA Automatic Weapons Battalion (SP)
Formed 10 Jul 43 Fort Bliss Tex. Departed 30 Oct 44 New York P/E Landed 11 Nov 44 England Landed France 18 Dec 44 I cannot find which port

Credited with Ardennes/Alsace, Central Europe and Rhineland Campaigns.

They were attached to the 11th Armored Division throughout the war, until 25 May 1945. Look for what the 11th Armored Division did and maybe you can find information on the 575th AAA Battalion.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users