Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NFL News

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by chewy, Dec 2, 2008.

1. chewy

chewy Member

Last week at a night club in New York. Giants Wide out Plexico Burres shot himself in the leg. Putting himself out for the season. When stop at the door by security he told them he needed it for protection. Rumors say that a team mate of his tryied to hide the gun. Also told a nurse at the hospital not to call the police. The nurse has now lost his job.

Ok come on now. Who do these people think they are. Your a star people dont want to kill you. They want to be you. All these star athlets who think they need a gun or just stupid. First of if your going some where and you think you need a gun. Why are you going there. It just pisses me off. And of cousre becouse he is famus. They will let him off with a slap on the wrist. Mabye the NFL wont but are justice system will. I mean yeah it was himself who he shot. In the state of New York it is agenst the law to carrie a gun. Man i wish i was famus so i can break the law and get away with it.

2. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Also to be noted, his team mate and fellow wide receiver, Smith, was robbed at gunpoint a week ago by his driver. So, for this reason, I believe he was carrying a gun. Every man has a right to defend themselves and the right to bear (bare?) arms. Simple as that. He isn't going to lock himself in his house all day.

3. chewy

chewy Member

This is true. But in the State of New York it is very hard to get a concealed weapons permit.
    Which Burres does not have one. So he did carry it illegaly.
    Also i did not know his team mate was robbed. So thank you for pointing that out to me. It does help make alittle more sense on why he felt he needed it.

4. Mussolini

Yeah, it was a fact that the media did not disclose because I am not even sure they were aware of it at the time. Apparently, his team mates drive drove his team mate home then pulled out a gun and placed it to his head and demanded all jewelry and cash. Pretty scary stuff if you ask me. So I think this is why he was carrying one. You never know when you're going to get robbed.

5. chewy

chewy Member

It is scary to get robbed. But what was he doing that it went off. Guns dont just shoot by themselfs. But that wont be answerd untilll the police are done investgating it.

6. Mussolini

Well, actually, safety devices will fail at some point. If he was carrying a Glock, well, the safety device on that is pretty crappy and its easy for the trigger to get snagged on something in the pocket and go off. Or even showing it to some one, it might have gone off. Esp since he was concealed-carrying it. My coworker conceal-carries a gun, but if you had to conceal-carry any, you'd want to conceal-carry his gun. To fire the damn thing you have to pull the trigger so far back that its at your first knuckle before it goes off - no way it will fire if it even gets snagged on something in your pocket.

7. chewy

chewy Member

I did not think about that. With the pants he was waring that is very likely. He was waring sweat pants and everything gets snaked on them. We will have to wait and see though. I will be keeping a close eye on this story. And hope that justice is served.

8. Mussolini

Apparently it was a Glock (ironic) and his tenure with the Giants is more then likely over, as he has been dropped by the team for the rest of the season. Could also be facing a min. of 3 years in jail too!

9. chewy

chewy Member

At first I thought that he would get off easy. Till today. When i heard that the mayor of New York said he better get three years. No judge is going to give him less. Then have the mayor come done on him.

10. Mussolini

Yeah. He's always been in a bit of trouble, with the team and elsewhere. Constant fines and suspensions. Apparently, talented WR in the league have to be stuck up selfish people. (TO anyone?)

11. chewy

chewy Member

You wouldnt be talking about Terrel Owens would you.Ocho Cinco (Chad Johnson) Randy Moss and when he was still in the NFL Keyshon Johnson. They just always want eyes on them. On and off the field.

12. chewy

chewy Member

T.O (Terrel Owens) is upset with his QB. He feels that Tony Romo favers the tight end Jasen Witten. And called Romo out for it. If you where to look at the stats Owens does get thrown to more. They stats would also show you that Owens is in the top five in droped Passes when thorwn to. Witten is in the top five of catches when thrown to. So can you realy blame Romo for likeing wWitten more. I cant.