Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

World War II Artifacts Stolen

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by dgmitchell, Dec 26, 2008.

1. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

POSTED: Tuesday, December 23, 2008
    UPDATED: 4:19 pm CST December 23, 2008

HOUSTON -- Memorabilia from World War II that was on its way to a museum was stolen from a Spring Branch area home, KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.
    Investigators said the priceless artifacts, which include pins, medals, flags and coins, were taken from the Spring Branch Estates house between Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 while the homeowner was away.
    The items belonged to a veteran, Guy Mayo Boyer, who used to collect things during his years in Central Europe and Germany. Boyer's uniform was also stolen.
    Staff Sgt. Boyer was with the 1266th Engineer Combat Battalion, and his job was to secure bridges before soldiers crossed them. He passed away in 1997.
    The items were packaged in two FedEx boxes with labels from the Anne Frank Center in New York. They were on their way to the new wing at the World War II Museum in New Orleans.
    A $5,000 reward is being offered in the case. Call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS with information.

World War II Artifacts Stolen - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

C.Evans likes this.
  2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I had not heard about this. I wonder if any of the pinched items have been recovered yet? Also, as this guy has had a past with hiring pinchmen-I wonder if the "Boss" is none other than a well-known jerk who runs another website who was involved with trying to steal thousands and thousands of dollars worth of German militaria-from Colonel John R. Angolia.

3. STURMTRUPPEN

STURMTRUPPEN Member

very sad