Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Some Help for...Japan?

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by SOAR21, Jan 4, 2009.

1. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

This time, I decided to play Japan. I played suck-up, and I was very peaceful. I left China alone, crushed the military coup, and constantly influenced the Allied politics. I changed my diplomacy once toward free market and once toward political left. I couped two nations successfully, Yunnan and Shanxi. As Japan, trade was of the utmost importance, but I chose the Allies instead of the Axis. In 1938, right now, so the war hasn't started yet. Soon enough, the +200 relation with the U.K. and the U.S. paid off. I became an Ally! (forgot to note the date) My territorial claims with the U.S. were answered, and I still maintained good relations. The Soviets also yielded, but not very happily (my relations are -42). I have sent two large carrier-supported fleets to Cherbourg, where they blockade the Baltic Sea and the port of Kiel, so the Germans are trapped naval-wise. I still have a significant naval force, and I have no enemies in the East, except Russia. I am slowly building up my I.C, so, when the time comes, I can crank out the naval ships. I have two '39 infantry divisions helping out in France, but of course, the Germans haven't invaded yet. I am planning to have a landing force based out of Alexandria, ready to support the Greeks once Germany becomes evil. What else should I do now? Do you think the Soviets might declare war on me much later?

2. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

The country 'characters' are historically set, for example, there is not much you can do about Germany making war on virtually everyone. So the SOviets will end up waging war on Germany, so why not wait until they do, they ally with them, or if you fancy your chances, wage war on them, and hope the Americans help. lol.

3. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

I wonder, if I don't attack America like I was supposed to, will they probably eventually enter the war on the Allied side anyway? If they join the Allies, then a declaration of war on the Soviets would force them into the conflict as well.

4. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Well America is the hard one to predict, they are naturally leaning to the allied side against the Japanese and Germany, however in a game I played, I was able to take the entire of Europe, all of Asia including Australia, Africa, and India. I was also able to invade and annex Canada without the Americans joining the war, but other times, I have declared war on Poland and they have entered as early as 1938.

5. Joe

Joe Ace

I once caused Germany to be swallowed up by France and Poland in 1936 by invading Hungary as Romania, so you shouldn't try to predict anything in this game.

6. SOAR21

SOAR21 Member

that must have been an interesting round, though