• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Hello, my Name is Husky and i come from Germany. Iam 15 Years old. (My English is not so perfect, sorry.)

Iam pretty interesst at the 2nd World War, because it was one of the first modern Wars. The Weapons, tactics and the people, who fight at this war.

I looked a lot of films and documentations, like "Der Untergang" (Downfall) or Band of Brothers. (Yes this is not an Film for my age, but at my age, everyone looks such films.)

I hope my age and my english are no problem for you.

So i will say again: Hello!

#2 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Wilkommen Husky. Your english is fine and this is a good place to practice. We are glad to have you with us. Much information on this forum. Where in Deutschland do you live?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Wilkommen Husky. Your english is fine and this is a good place to practice. We are glad to have you with us. Much information on this forum. Where in Deutschland do you live?

Thank you.

I live in Lower Saxony, in a village named Hoogstede.

Question: Is there an FAQ or something for this Medalls? I like this things in forums.

#4 General_Patton

General_Patton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

hey man, welcome to the forums... glad to see that im not the only youngster (per say) here that is interested in WW2

#5 urqh

urqh

Tea drinking surrender monkey

• Members
  • 9,681 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:21 PM

Welcome to the forums. Dont worry about your English...Some of ours isnt too good at times.

#6 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,073 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:29 PM

The medals are received upon a certain number of posts. The first one you get on the 20th post I believe. It gets harder to get more after that.

Here is link to the forum guidelines.

http://www.ww2f.com/...sion-1-1-a.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

The medals are received upon a certain number of posts. The first one you get on the 20th post I believe. It gets harder to get more after that.

Here is link to the forum guidelines.

http://www.ww2f.com/...sion-1-1-a.html

Okay, thanks.

Thank you all, i hope i will learn more about the 2nd World War.

#8 SteveM

SteveM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Thank you all, i hope i will learn more about the 2nd World War.

Indeed you will (as am I) - welcome!
Author of Why Germany Nearly Won: A New History of the Second World War In Europe and Editor in Chief of The Globe At War - an online community dedicated to exploring the past century of global warfare with a special emphasis on the Second World War. The Globe At War is currently seeking articles, book reviews, or pictures.

#9 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,846 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

Howdy Husky,

Welcome to the forum and it is good to have you here. Don't worry about your English. If we can't figure out what you are trying to say, you can type in Deutsch and we'll run it through a translator.
  • Tomcat and Husky like this

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#10 WotNoChad?

WotNoChad?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Wilkommen, don't worry about your English.

Do you have any main area of interest?

Was Hoogstede previously known as Bathorn or Bathorn-Hoogstede? Where Emslandlager XIV then Stalag VIC was?

Posted Image

#11 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:28 PM

Wilkommen, don't worry about your English.

Do you have any main area of interest?

Was Hoogstede previously known as Bathorn or Bathorn-Hoogstede? Where Emslandlager XIV then Stalag VIC was?

Bathorn is now an part of Hoogstede. The Emslandlager XIV/Stalag VIC was here, thats correct. At Wietmarschen (Now a part of Hoogstede to) was the Stalag VIC/Z.

Main area of interests? I like the US-History (Independent War, Civil War etc.)

And some of my hobbys are playing PC, watching TV and DvD's and stuff like this.

#12 JeffinMNUSA

JeffinMNUSA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Husky;
Your English is understandable, and it is good to see an interest in WWII in one so young. There are some very good WWII scholars on this forum as well as a few actual veterans-and you can actually talk to them. Better than any video game at times Husky! I find it encouraging that there are people across the planet interested in this most pivotal epoch in human history. "You want to hear about it? Here it is..."
JeffinMNUSA
PS. The Apache Wars in Arizona territory are a fascinating piece of US History; http://jeff.scott.tr...com/indian.html .

Edited by JeffinMNUSA, 29 January 2009 - 07:49 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 WotNoChad?

WotNoChad?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:19 AM

Bathorn is now an part of Hoogstede. The Emslandlager XIV/Stalag VIC was here, thats correct. At Wietmarschen (Now a part of Hoogstede to) was the Stalag VIC/Z.

Aha! Well almost automatically I have to ask what's on those sites now and do you have any photos of them? ;)

Posted Image

#14 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

Aha! Well almost automatically I have to ask what's on those sites now and do you have any photos of them? ;)

There is nothing anymore, only a few trees and houses. I dont have photos, sorry, because I dont know the position. Bathorn is a little part of Hoogstede, only a few houses.

#15 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:46 AM

Englishse, see even I cant speak proper english and its supposed to be my first language.:)

So don't worry about it mate, and welcome to forum.
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#16 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

Thank you all, it's nice, that you are so friendly!

At our Grundschule (There is no translation, because our school system is diffrent form the others.) is a big Stone with the following words on it: Für die Gefallenen der Kriege 1914-1918 - 1939-1945. (For the fallen of War 1914-1918 - 1933-1945.)

Edited by Husky, 29 January 2009 - 09:48 AM.

#17 T.Walpole

T.Walpole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

It's interesting that the start date for WW2 used was 1933, the year Hitler came to power, and not when actual hostilities began.

#18 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

It's interesting that the start date for WW2 used was 1933, the year Hitler came to power, and not when actual hostilities began.

Oh that was my misstake, it is 1939, sorry. :o

#19 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 22,199 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Welcome Husky , glad you made it to this forum. If there is something you do not know in English , let me know, ich Spreche Deutsch. :)

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#20 WotNoChad?

WotNoChad?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:16 PM

There is nothing anymore, only a few trees and houses. I dont have photos, sorry, because I dont know the position. Bathorn is a little part of Hoogstede, only a few houses.

That's okay, I didn't really expect you to have photos, but I still had to ask. ;)

Posted Image

#21 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

Wilkomme Husky ! this is a great forum to practice your Englisch

I wonder can you take a Foto(s) of the Gedank tafel (monument to the Fallen) in your town and place here for us to see. think the membership would be interested in seeing this, in fact they need to ~

Gruß

Erich ~
:aceofspades: E ~

#22 Husky

Husky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

Wilkomme Husky ! this is a great forum to practice your Englisch

I wonder can you take a Foto(s) of the Gedank tafel (monument to the Fallen) in your town and place here for us to see. think the membership would be interested in seeing this, in fact they need to ~

Gruß

Erich ~

Maybe i will do it, i cant promiss it, because i have to find my cam.

#23 paratrooper506

paratrooper506

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

welcome your english is not very bad infact I come from german ancestry

#24 bigfun

bigfun

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip