Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Best WW 2 YouTube Clip?

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by hucks216, Mar 28, 2009.

1. hucks216

hucks216 Member

Apologies if this has been asked before but thought that I'd ask forum members what they thought was the best/their favourite WW2 clip on YouTube in their opinion, whether it is a clip lasting 2 minutes of US Army training, British convoys sailing, German or aerial combat footage or an hour (plus) long documentary that may be unknown to other members etc?

Mine would be www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yddvh22rXDw which shows colour combat footage from the Oder Front in the dying days of WW2 (I just wish they would get rid of the viewer comments!).

C.Evans likes this.
  2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Might not be what you would expect. But to me it shows the long journey ahead, and a generation we will never see the likes of again who accepted what had to be done and the notion of.....to the end.

YouTube - 1939 The British Way to Enter the War

3. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

4. urqh

5. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Far from contemporary with the war, but I love it:
    YouTube - Stick Guns

I was mown down by the pervasive social menace that is stick guns only last week... in the hands of a child no less!
    Something must be done!

~A

6. urqh

Reminds me of my days in the woods..before I brought the present fox hole...2 beds, dining area and large grounds to rear....These sort of things have to stop old chap..Fair scared the bristles on me tail to be woken every Sunday morning by these sorts....For one used to avoiding the dogs in question it was quite a surprise to find oneself having to protect ones cubs from these woodsmen...I blame the parents, Sunday in the woods used to be the odd morning stroll, avoiding the tally ho types....dogs and pick up a paper at the picnic site...back to the lair...chicken lunch...Watch a little tv thru farmers window...

Now its not Tally ho its more Taliban ho...and these idiots running amok through my area...I ask you would you like it in your back yard...Uniforms everywhere...at one time my only worry was the red ones..but this lot...in their green and grey...much harder to see when your out for a stroll..

Stick wars....Well if the woodland rangers....dont get them, the are in for a shock next time they are down near our fox holes...Sticky guns...wait till they see our sticky bombs...We have a mole on the inside...and a secret squirrel near your house. We are watching...waiting...they dont call me sly fox for nothing..

Just remember...

When you go down in the woods today, you better believe your eyes....

Rommel...the desert fox? Youve seen nothing yet...

7. urqh

8. Heidi

Heidi Dishonorably Discharged

i see what you mean,not nice film clips we put up there,i saw you're kids and that girl i put up,it does not look nice. Anyways i love you're clips,i love when the lady is singing to the british airmen,and i love when i saw the british going in to battle at the start of ww2. i have never really seen much of britain just starting ww2 off,amazinf stuff.

9. cgowens

cgowens recruit

10. Padouch

Padouch recruit