• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

Maybe sticky this topic and post all the upcoming WW2 films ( and ww2 drama ) here? :rolleyes:

#2 PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:27 PM

Ehm, waiting for a reply? :)

Okay, I will for a while and see how it does.

Edited by SlipdigitBK, 20 April 2009 - 02:49 PM.

#3 ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Red Tails by George Lucas - focusing on the Tuskee Airmen of the 332nd throughout Europe. Oh, please don't screw this one up, George....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#4 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

there is one comming out on cable tv on 25th april called vayloa (wrong spelling,just can't remember how to spell it).the advert came out a couple of times,that''se how i know of this movie.
it's about an Aussie soldier that stays behind with his injured comerade and both die,very said.
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#5 Fgrun83

Fgrun83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:21 PM

Inglourious Basterds

Directed By Quentin Tarantino

Plot:

In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers

#6 ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:55 AM

Inglourious Basterds

Yeah, forgot about that one...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for making it sticky :).

Vayloa?

I dont know of any upcoming that I haven't seen yet.

Also are there upcoming new documentaries?

#8 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

There ist a movie comming out on the april 30th called "defiace".
Something to do with jewish undercover as german soldiers,just seen the perviews on the telly.
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#9 Rubberman

Rubberman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

YouTube - BRAD PITT NEW MOVIE "Inglorious Bastards"Digital Trailer Clear Print(HD)http://www.amezstudio.com Inglorious Bastards
  • Fgrun83 likes this
Remembrance Day Canada

Highway of Heros

#10 Fgrun83

Fgrun83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for posting the trailer, i saw it a few months ago when i saw Watchmen in the theaters, defiantly looked enjoyable, i haven't seen the original so i don't know how they will compare to each other.

#11 Fgrun83

Fgrun83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

There ist a movie comming out on the april 30th called "defiace".
Something to do with jewish undercover as german soldiers,just seen the perviews on the telly.

comes to dvd right? i know i saw the movie trailers sometime last year. looked like an enjoyable movie I like Daniel craig although im not into bond.

#12 Wolfy

Wolfy

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

Defiance came out already. It's not that great. Watching inglorious Basterds would probably be pretty annoying for me given what I know about the German side. I'm also not a fan of Tarantino. His only decent film was Pulp Fiction.

#13 Fgrun83

Fgrun83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:57 PM

Don't mean to go off topic wasn't fond of pulp fiction, i did enjoy grindhouse and reservoir dogs though the only scene i find even remotely good was the be cool bitch part at the diner.

Wolfy, what did you mean by it would be annoying, do you mean because theres bound to be a lot of factual errors?

#14 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:16 AM

Defiance came out already. It's not that great. Watching inglorious Basterds would probably be pretty annoying for me given what I know about the German side. I'm also not a fan of Tarantino. His only decent film was Pulp Fiction.

what's so anooying abuot the german side?

not in australia,don;t forget Wolfy,not everyone is frome amirica. australia gets the movies after america.;)
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#15 sunny971

sunny971

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

Valkyrie comes out on dvd on may 19...

For those who haven't seen it ...i think it was pretty good...it would have been better if Tom Cruise wasn't in it.

I did a lot of reading on the german resistance movement and operation Valkyrie..gotta say the movie was pretty accurate.

There needs to be a good war movie to be produced.. none of that wishy washy over-acted lovey dovey crap...

Good old fashion warfare...

I suggest maybe a movie about Rommel ¨the desert fox¨ or about the battle in northern Africa .

It doesn't always have to be a movie about the allied side..

#16 kuuk

kuuk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:41 AM

Many years ago, I saw a movie about a (non-allied) High ranked German Officer, though mostly portrayed as anti - Nazi. The movie was about Admiral Canaris, who was a sympathetic German and played by Otto E. Hasse. He has been in many 50ish movies such as 08/15 part two, Der Artzt von Stalingrad, Kriegie and others.

#17 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

Every one! the movie Inglorious Basterds is comming out next week,i defferenlty watching this movie! (unless it has already came out):o

It's about ww2 American jewish soldiers stationed in germany's france area,that fight germans. Can't wait.
Just letting every one know!;)
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#18 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

I think the similarity between tom cruise and claus stauffenberg was a possibility,but that did,nt detract from a very enjoyable film,ray..

#19 socioanthroman

socioanthroman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:09 AM

What about a movie that depicts Monte Cassino? It could be Oscar worthy, if the dramatic bombing of Cassino was included, make it about the texas div. or something! Maybe thats just my dream. We just can not get off the Normandy train.

#20 bigmick

bigmick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:21 AM

there is one comming out on cable tv on 25th april called vayloa (wrong spelling,just can't remember how to spell it).the advert came out a couple of times,that''se how i know of this movie.
it's about an Aussie soldier that stays behind with his injured comerade and both die,very said.

JUST ADDING A NOTE;I am in Aus and just recently watched a doco on discovery about Australian Victoria Cross winners and there was a story about a guy ,who was uninjured, stayed behind with his best friend. His friend was badly wounded and would have died anyway . The problem is I think it was in vietnam, but I may be wrong.
Also I was on the warriors inc. website( capt. Dale Dyes, website and conpany) and he was in pre-production on a Film called "no better place to die" but had funding problems. i think it was going to be based on 120 101st paratroopers in normandy defending a village against a division.
Please gents excuse my lack of details and remembering details. i am terminally ill and i forget a lot of things...i do apologise.:rolleyes:

#21 Gromit801

Gromit801

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:55 PM

A remake of the Dam Busters is coming. Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) did it. Gawd help the man if he screws the pooch on this.
"I love deadlines. I love the 'Whooshing' noise they make when they go by." - Doug Adams

#22 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

Many years ago, I saw a movie about a (non-allied) High ranked German Officer, though mostly portrayed as anti - Nazi. The movie was about Admiral Canaris, who was a sympathetic German and played by Otto E. Hasse. He has been in many 50ish movies such as 08/15 part two, Der Artzt von Stalingrad, Kriegie and others.

I know of and are a fan of O.E. Hasse. He also was Colonel von Oaker (SP?) in the most excellent war movie: Decision Before Dawn. He played the part of a Panzer Colonel. I also know of but have yet to be able to see-the 08/15 trilogy and Der Arzt von Stalingrad. Do you remember the name of this movie about Wilhelm Canaris? I'd be most appreciative to know it's name. Also, are you familiar with Die Teufels General? It was remade and released in 2000. I'd like to find someone who knows of and or has seen both versions of this movie and to hear what they have to say about it.

As for inglorious bastards-ive seen a few trailers and its sealed my beliefs that its as stupid as the original movie was and will probably be much worse than the original so therefore, I aint going to waste any money to go see it.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#23 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:52 AM

JUST ADDING A NOTE;I am in Aus and just recently watched a doco on discovery about Australian Victoria Cross winners and there was a story about a guy ,who was uninjured, stayed behind with his best friend. His friend was badly wounded and would have died anyway . The problem is I think it was in vietnam, but I may be wrong.
Also I was on the warriors inc. website( capt. Dale Dyes, website and conpany) and he was in pre-production on a Film called "no better place to die" but had funding problems. i think it was going to be based on 120 101st paratroopers in normandy defending a village against a division.
Please gents excuse my lack of details and remembering details. i am terminally ill and i forget a lot of things...i do apologise.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip on Dale Dyes movie. I had not heard of this one before and with his involvement in it-it will be truthfully done.

As a sort of Aussie fan myself-i'd love to see that movie about the Kokoda Trail.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#24 KrazyDimondRX

KrazyDimondRX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:47 AM

A remake of the Dam Busters is coming. Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) did it. Gawd help the man if he screws the pooch on this.

Yea I'm really looking forward to this one... Peter Jackson has a fine collection of ww1 aircraft down here in New Zealand, so i think he's going to feel out the tone of the movie nicely. I think he could be filming part of it down here as well (Could be wrong)

I do know there was a bit of a debate on what to call Guy Gibson's black Labrador. I think they're going to drop the "N" and call it "Trigger"
... Would you exchange, a walk on part in a war, for a lead role in a cage? ...

#25 Mike L

Mike L

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

KDRX,
WW1 aircraft for remake of The Dambusters? A typo I hope.
I do hope that the money spent on this film will be well spent and do justice to the men and the operation. Strategicially it might not have had a huge impact but tactically and from the morale and publicity it hit the spot perfectly at that time in the war.
Any firm dates for UK release?
I hear rumours of a remake of 'The Long Day's Dying' - but set in N Africa, translating the personal experiences of the front line soldier to that theatre. Not sure if it will work but I await the film (if it gets funding). The original film is not quite faithful to the book and I suspect a remake might be Hollywoodised to hell.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users