Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Potential Free-Play

Discussion in 'WWII Online' started by Mussolini, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

We are considering replacing the current 14-day free trial with a "Free Infantry" account that has no time limit but has other restrctions.
    Restrictions of this account are:

• Army Persona only
    • Rank level 2 ceiling
    • Rifle and SMG only
    • No Table Capture
    • No Custom Game Name
    • No CS&R
    • No Forum Access

^^ Hopefully they go through with this, as I am sure it would draw more players to the game and technically allow them to play for free and create more Infantry units on the ground.

Fgrun83 likes this.
  2. Spitfirepiper

Spitfirepiper Member

What about a similar package, but for aircraft?
    One fighter, one bomber, one troop transport only, and all the other restrictions.

Just an idea.

3. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

If that goes through i would defiantly be interested in playing, im not for the mmo's where its pay to play but that would defiantly work for me. Keep us updated please Mussolini

4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I suggest bookmarking the website and check back for news there.

5. Spitfirepiper

Spitfirepiper Member

OK, will do!

6. Spitfirepiper

Spitfirepiper Member

Any news on this? I've seem to have lost my bookmark, and I'm not quite sure if I'm looking in the right place.:eek: :rolleyes:

7. Zeedoctuer

Zeedoctuer recruit

Well I think it's easy to understand that they can't make everything free, because the company needs to stay afloat to keep the game in further development. It costs millions of dollars to do that just in payroll, leases, insurance, bandwidth, server farms, software license and tax overheads.

So expect them to offer a limited "free" play as a way to get more people to take part in the game and maybe discover it's huge and addictive underlying potential. If it could all be free then they never would have charged money to subscribe in the first place, but that's how they funded the development of what is probably the worlds largest and most complex PvP WWII strategy-tactical shooter.

8. harakiri87

harakiri87 Member

how i install the trial version i go to the site but is not free need $19.99USD?
    is really free?

9. Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig Dishonorably Discharged

They only debit your account after you hit the 15th day. So make sure you cancel on the right date if you don't like the game.

But the reason no one plays the infantry role is because it's absolutely horrible. I used to complain about clipping problems in Arma1/2, but WWIIONLINE feel like you are running through syrup with 100lbs on your back. No matter how much tweaking you do to your settings and mouse, you will never get to a CS 1.6, CS:S, RO, RO:DH, Day of Defeat and other related FPS type games fluid avatar movement.

Therefore, until CRS puts a much needed TLC session into the infantry aspect of the game, I can't play it and wouldn't recommend this game.