Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A question on Hitlers social life..

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by jahcob15, May 30, 2009.

1. jahcob15

jahcob15 recruit

Just curious, if anyone knows, if Hitler attended any Social functions as the War got into its later stages?? Did he attend dinners, balls, ceremonies, etc? Where would these take place?? I know in the early stages of the Nazi Party, the Hofbrauhaus was a popular spot for meetings and such. Did Hitler continue going there late into the War?

Im trying to write a Historical Fiction novel, and would like to make the situations in the book as realistic as possible, ie Would Hitler be found at a dinner party, etc, in 1943?? If so, where would such a party likely take place?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Howdy Jahcob and welcome to the forum. I have not read anything covering any big social events attended by Hitler. I believe 43' was the turning point not only for the nation but for Hitler himself. As the war was turning against Hitler, he spent a majority of his time at the wolf's lair in Rastenburg. The rest of the time was spent at the Eagles Nest. The war was taking up his time.

Some sources to check at the library would be Goebbels diaries and a book called Hitler's Table Talk. They may reflect how Hitler spent his time during that period.