6 replies to this topic

#1 Vet

Vet

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

I'm watching this dvd on the Eastern front and the footage is nothing short of awesome. A very good dvd.

#2 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

I think I own the series you are watching.

Is it in Black and White?
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#3 Vet

Vet

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Yes. I watched the western front part the other night and still need to watch the war in the pacific series.

#4 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

I enjoyed that video too. Its surprisingly more accurate then the recent ones which I have seen.
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#5 Panzer Leader

Panzer Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:35 AM

Yes I agree, The Century of Warfare is very entertaining. I recorded the series a few years ago and I have been meaning to purchase it on DVD. I especially like the 2 Eastern Front episodes, Hitler Turn's East and The Long Road Back, and Air War (1939-45).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern' -General Heinz Guderian

#6 Friedrich

Friedrich

Expert

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:05 AM

The whole series is awesome! God! I miss the History Channel that was full of Nugus/Martin's productions!
"War is less costly than servitude, the choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd, French veteran of both world wars

"A mon fils: depuis que tes yeux sont fermes les miens n’ont cessé de pleurir." - Mère française, Verdun

#7 Friedrich

Friedrich

Expert

• Members
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:24 AM

Oh, my! Have you noticed that the series' narrator is Jesus Christ himself? :P

Robert Powell.

I just love the guy!
"War is less costly than servitude, the choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd, French veteran of both world wars

"A mon fils: depuis que tes yeux sont fermes les miens n’ont cessé de pleurir." - Mère française, Verdun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users