5 replies to this topic

#1 socioanthroman

socioanthroman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

Hey,
I am building a model of a Early Jagdpanther, and was wondering if they were used in Italy. I have found references that there were a couple in Italy, though I can not find any divisions of any # or anything, the Jagdpanther was mostly used on the eastern front and I know of the 654th in Normandy.

#2 TiredOldSoldier

TiredOldSoldier

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:54 AM

In the exellent photo book "panzers in Italy" in the "heavy" tank hunters section I found Stug III, Stug IV, Brummbar, Elephants, Jadpanzer IV (HG had them) and Nashhorn but no Jagdpanther. Sch. Pz. Jg. Abt 525 apparently used the Nashorn in Italy but apparently the company that was re-equipped with Jagdpanther didn't go back to Italy.

#3 socioanthroman

socioanthroman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

ok thanks:)

#4 T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner

Genuine Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Actually, more JadgPanthers ended up on the Western Front in Europe than in the East.

#5 socioanthroman

socioanthroman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

Most of them took part at the battle of the bulge.

#6 T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner

Genuine Chief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Very few participated in the Ardennes. Without looking it up as I recall, there were just two Abteilung present there. One was with 6th SS Pz Armee as corps troops and had just one Kp of about 14 vehicles with it, the balance of the unit being StuG III substitutes as not enough were available.

The other Abteilung was with Pz Division Lehr and replaced one of its panzer battalions in Pz Reg 130. This unit had like a dozen Jadgpanther in it at the time.

In fact, it would be hard to find a battle, any battle, in which more than a handful of these vehicles were present and their impact on events minimal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users