Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:31 PM

...farm/forest this weekend!

I've decided to try playing Airsoft (which is considered a sport) and have plans on playing tomorrow (saturday) locally with an unknown group of players. They'll have a 'loaner' for me to use, and if i like the experience, I will most likely end up buying my own gun and getting new, military camo (instead of using my hunters camo).

Apparently we'll be playing for 4hrs on private property, but hopefully it should be fun!

Check out my AAR Threads in the Gaming + Simulation section!

Currently playing Total War: Rome 2

#2 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,085 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:44 PM

What is the difference?
Stug2.jpg

#3 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

In the camo?

Military camo: http://www.dressaday...digitalcamo.gif

Hunters Camo: https://www.fabricsf...altree camo.jpg

Big difference, plus a lot of airsofters are hardcore mil-sim (military sim) people.

#4 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,085 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

Isn't airsoft a pellet gun? How would you tell if someone is hit? At least with paintball, you can tell.
Stug2.jpg

#5 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:10 PM

Well, it apparently hurts, so you can tell when the person yells out, and its also an honor system. People play it like a real military sim, so if they get they call it. Its why most events don't allow people under 18 (maturity level) but people who are serious about it will call out when they are hit.

#6 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • 8,085 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

Well good luck to you. May the power of the Rogues be with you
Stug2.jpg

#7 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

Hm, I'm not sure if I want the Power of the Rogues with me. I'll bring derPanzerPenguin with me though! That should give me a huge advantage! In fact, it'll be and derPanzerPenguin against everyone else that shows up!

#8 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

Well, it apparently hurts, so you can tell when the person yells out, and its also an honor system. People play it like a real military sim, so if they get they call it. Its why most events don't allow people under 18 (maturity level) but people who are serious about it will call out when they are hit.

what if persons start cheating and not call out? would not the game go on forever?
I would think though,that there would be some sort of evidence that will pin-point to the spot where the person was hit!
I am thinking some sort of coloured light (which every player get one) will start flashing when a person was hit! please,i know what you are talking about!

Anyways brake a leg (good-luck)
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#9 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

Nope, its not laser tag or anything like that. Airsoft guns look like real guns, but fire little .20g pellets usually made out of plastic at ~400 FPS (Feet Per Second). Not as fast as a paintball, but the force is more concentrated and the pellet doesn't explode on impact. Has been known to leave large welts and cause blood loss.

Its not the type of sport where people cheat - most people play realistically - but of course, always a few bad apples. But there are people always near you, and its obvious when you get hit (the sound, the reaction, body language) so they would call you out on it too.

#10 luketdrifter

luketdrifter

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

One of the guys that works for me is hard into airsoft. He just bought a Tommy gun. I laughed so hard at him until he convinced me to let him shoot me with it. It sucked I couldn't get away from those little yellow bullets.
Kicking up dust since 1978

#11 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:01 AM

Mussolini- Why not they have referrees,that would solve problems.
Sounds really dangours to me,i hope there is medics provided? It sounds like a ww2 battle you are fighting,hows cools that!
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#12 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:15 AM

sleeves down and eye protection bud. I have killed squirrels at 20 feet with my M-4 and punched holes in soda cans at 30. It is an addictive past time.

Good luck.

Brad

#13 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:15 AM

I have a balclava type of head covering that has eye and mouth holes, so that should protect my ears. Eye covering is required too, and I look like a retard in my hunting gear, since my long sleeve shirt is a wee bit small and i'm a wee bit fatter now too.

Up early on saturday as I need to be there in an hour. Getting ready to leave soon now too.

Wish me luck.

#14 Heidi

Heidi

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

Good luck and try and win for us!try and not get hurt,sounds really rough!
I ame an damneed Idiyot.

Regards Hiedi.

#15 colletorww2

colletorww2

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:23 PM

Isn't airsoft a pellet gun? How would you tell if someone is hit? At least with paintball, you can tell.

I played Paintball yesterday, and i noticed that i got hit... You could see the paint and you could see the bruises after the match. I think it is not fair if you have a Tippmann 98(Semi-Auto paintball gun) and 2 guys on the other team have a Tippmann A5(Fully-Auto Paintball gun) and every time they shoot you, they dont just fire 1 shot at you, the empty at least 5-10 shots at you. I got shot 5 times in the leg, stomach and arm, i saw him running right towards me and i tried to get the f@ck out of there. So i got shot 4 times in the back after i was out :mad:
Best Regards

Vegar

#16 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:15 PM

I had fun! It ended up only being 2-vs-2 (ironically, 2 left handed vs 2 right handed) and it was a great introduction for me to the sport. I used an M16 (to little effect, lol) and got pinned down by a SAW.

My camo worked great, and if not for moving my head to look a different way, would have avoided being hit from the side. Looking to upgrade to some better, less foggy goggles and better gloves, then some multicam and a vest, then finally a gun (or maybe a gun before the camo, I dont know yet.).

#17 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

Played some more Airsoft this past saturday, 5 of us this time, and we played a new game type (to me) which is simply called 'Sniper'.

There is a target by the 'helicopter' on the map - a tin barrel hanging from a branch - which the 2-man sniper team must hit (30 min time limit). The rest of the players are on Guard Duty. They can remain stationary or patrol, but if the Snipers hit them, they aren't allowed to call out for a Medic or anything - they must sit where they are hit and home one of the other guards realizes what has happened and helps them. No boundaries either, so the snipers can go anywhere in order to get to the target.

When it was my turn to be Sniper, I stuck with my other Sniper (instead of splitting up) and we hit the target area from the Charlie side (think N - E - S - W...we started at Alpha (West) moved around Bravo (North) and hit Charlie (East)). My team mate got hit and pointed in the wrong direction as to where he got hit from. I grabbed his medic rope (rope with 5 knots in it) and untied the rope before handing it back to him (he reties them and can then be active again). A few seconds after I hand it back to him, I get hit.

Our enemy walks towards us, knowing he hit us both, calling out game over. My team-mate (having just finished retying the knots) says "No, but you're dead now" and points his gun at our assailant, who is then killed due to the 10-ft-no-fire rule. He plops down on the ground, swatting at mosquitos.

My team mate then grabs me and moves us to a more secure location (V shaped logs, sitting back to back) as you are allowed to move a downed man as long as you are touching them. Once in secure location, we quickly do my Medic Rope, then proceed to sit in the cover, back-to-back, ears prickling at the slightest noise. The 'Dead Guard' is a stones throw away and I am covering him, thinking another Guard will arrive.

After 5 minutes of sitting there, in Charlie, hearing some one moving around in the Bravo/Charlie area, we decide to move out, heading towards Delta (South). Once out of sight, however, we turn turn North, just as the wind picks up. It sounded like it was raining heavily, so we take off running - the wind saved us, as it masked our sounds and we covered a lot of distance in the mean time.

We make it to an access road and move through the North end of Bravo back to Alpha, where we started. He knows a spot where you can hit the target from in Alpha, so I help cover him as he moves to that spot. "Bing Bing Bing", he hits the target and we win! The 3 Guards were covering Bravo, Charlie, and Delta, having thought we were going to go the Delta Route.

All in all, it was an intense round, and the first time I experianced how the Medic Rule works. Later, during manhunt, I was the last survivor (4 vs 1) and managed to kill 2 of them with one burst (perfectly lined up) before the other 2 hit me from my blind side and ended the game.

I've also ordered my first Airsoft gun - JG T3-K3 Airsoft Gun (FS3-A3) by: JG - Airsoft GI - Welcome to the - a G3 (descendant of my much loved STG'44) and will hopefully have it in time for the next game.
  • formerjughead likes this

#18 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:39 PM

I like the "Medic" rule. Do the 5 knots represent 5 "lives" ?

#19 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

Nope, its a time thing. You start off with the knots, and hand the rope to whomever comes to medic you. They have to undo the knots (neither of you can fire while doing so) then hand it back to you. At that point, they can run off etc, but you have to re-tie the knots before you can return to action.

It adds an interesting dynamic to the game, instead of making the 'dead' walk back to the spawn point (we don't have a spawn point either). It makes people question - do I run over there and rescue him? Or do I leave him for now and try to take out his killer first?

#20 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:10 PM

Nope, its a time thing. You start off with the knots, and hand the rope to whomever comes to medic you. They have to undo the knots (neither of you can fire while doing so) then hand it back to you. At that point, they can run off etc, but you have to re-tie the knots before you can return to action.

It adds an interesting dynamic to the game, instead of making the 'dead' walk back to the spawn point (we don't have a spawn point either). It makes people question - do I run over there and rescue him? Or do I leave him for now and try to take out his killer first?

I like that even better

#21 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:43 PM

It was fun when I was dead, and he grabbed my shoulder and led me off to a more secure area (sorta like a med-evac, getting me out of the danger zone where we could then use my medic rope).

I have yet to play with a large group of people, but would imagine it occurs more frequently then I have seen it happen.

In the big (200+) people Operations, the rules are much more hardcore. There is a 400 person (limit) OP occurring first week of August, where every player gets a random Medic Card. Once shot, you present the card to the medic (team designates a medic who can be armed or unarmed) and it ranges from the simple 'bandage' (like the Med-rope) to a full 'Extraction' back to the Spawn or Command Post before 'revival'.

#22 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:58 PM

Got my new goggles last night, but they're the wrong ones! Same company, but wrong version! Bullet Ant instead of Desert Locust! And I was getting excited to use them this weekend :( Gonna call Customer Service here in a few minutes (store hours are 1200 PST) and hopefully get it resolved before the send out my latest order (which is in the packaging stage) to save them the additional package!

#23 MVHAGEY

MVHAGEY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

I absolutely love playing airsoft. I'm into it a lot so please contact me or your friends before getting a gun because there are a lot of stupid things you can buy.
In war there is no prize for the runner-up.-
General Omar Bradley

#24 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Bought my gun 2 weeks ago. More like 3 or 4 now. The team I play with is very helpful and I can go to them with any technical support I need with it. I ended up getting a JG T3-K3....thats a G3 for you non-airsofters. So far, two weekends using it, around 1500 rounds fired, and I am really liking it. Its unique on the field, of course, but that doesn't bother me.

Just got my Multicam today (from HongKong - aka Ebaybanned.com) and can't wait to get home. Quick pull on shows the Large Hat to be a bit tight on my extra large head (woot mishapen head) but the Multicam Shirt seems to fit nice. The pants look like they might be a bit big, but i'll know for once I get home. Will also probably wash both pants and shirt (sperately if the pants are too big, to try and shrink them a bit).

Next up is finding a nice pair of boots. My Snake Bite Boots from hunting are too big and clunky for moving around a lot. After that, I'll probably be looking into getting a side-arm of some sort, and then internal upgrades on the G3.

#25 MVHAGEY

MVHAGEY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

Good choice on the gun, I have an ECHO 1 which is just a rebranded JG with better warranty etc. What internals are you getting?
In war there is no prize for the runner-up.-
General Omar Bradley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users