#1 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:13 AM

Team Astana is the team to beat I think, as long as the team stays unified. 4 members finished in the Top 10 of the Time Trial, and all have the ability to win the GC I think. Cadel Evans was the only outside-GC-Contender to finish in the top 10, so Astana has to be feeling pretty good. And with the first TTT (Team Time Trial) in years coming up, they could really open the gap on some of their compeitors!

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#2 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Yesterday was a most interesting stage despite being a flat stage. They caught the 4 man breakaway like always, but Team Colombia Highroad got all their riders on the front and laid down the hammer. It caught the Peleton off guard (it was also really windy) and caused a huge break...27 riders (9 on one team) including only 2 Sprinters + Armstrong + Yellow Jersey in the break, with all the other GC stuck in the main Peloton. Huge 40 second gap by the end of the stage, which bumps Armstrong up to 3rd Place overall and the possible Yellow Jersey wearer after todays TTT.

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 22,231 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Yep, competion in his own team and Armstrong is catching up

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#4 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:08 PM

First few teams are already on the course. Menchov should just give up - poor Time Trial to open things up, and he crashed in the TTT on one of the very first turns. Not a good way to start any sort of race. I think some big time gaps can open up today...already 10 seconds between 2 teams at the first check point.

#5 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Astana personally is going to bite it later in the tour and Lance will suffer he is too old and off the bike too much, the only thing really going for him is intimidation which he has much of and many young riders are in awe of his personality so whether they give it a go and hammer is up to them. Will Contador allow Lance to kick his A** remains to be seen.

am hopeful a total unknown/team displays real courage and just lays into the teams and spreads everything out, it is doubtful but the TdF is the TdF, along with all the doping trials which will thin the ranks
:aceofspades: E ~

#6 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

I don't know, the TTT showed that Astana is clearly the team to beat. Armstrong just missed the Yellow by .01 seconds (no joke) and they really hammered all the other teams. Astanas big 4 riders are now 2nd - 5th overall with some good advantages over their rivals.

#7 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

still early stages M ~, just wonder though Lance is psyched but can he handle the full tour strength wise, am wondering if he is just fooling himself, and again will Astana implode from within allowing the "old man" to take charge over the likes of Levi L. clearly there might be too many strong personalities on this team

amazing too of the many politics that go behind the scenes of this great race .........

#8 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 22,231 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

Cancellara is keeping the yellow , but Lance almost took it from him today. It's going to be a thrilling race. I hope Lance will have the stamina

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#9 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I think Lance will put on a good showing, for some one his age and 3.5 years of retirement. I think we'll even see him in Yellow for a few days, but I think the much younger Contador has the skillset to beat Lance. Contador has greatly improved his time-trialing and still remains a great Mountain Climber.

At any rate, I think the GC winner will be from Astana this year.

#10 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 22,231 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

Possible , but wait for the Pyrennees until you make bets. People migt give up or fall because of the rain for example

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#11 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

Exciting finish today. Can't really tell how Lance is since he played the team game instead of trying to catch Contador, but Contador is clearly above and beyond the rest of the competition. Results aren't in yet, but from my own observation, I think Contador will be in Yellow tomorrow, with Armstrong and the Niconetti guy within a handful of seconds from him.

#12 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,235 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

Musso, here are the current top 3. Leipheimer is also in the top 5.

Tour de France 2009 Standings - Through Stage 7
Rinaldo Nocentini - AG2R - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 32 seconds
Alberto Contador - Astana - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 38 seconds (6 seconds behind)
Lance Armstrong - Astana - 24 hours, 44 minutes, 40 seconds (8 seconds behind)

image001.png

Lou

#13 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

My calculations were off by 6 seconds >.<
Nocentini isn't a GC though, so look to see Contador (most likely) in yellow by the end of tomorrows stage.

I loved how Lance and Contador but Cadel Evans back in place when he tried to launch an attack - lol.

#14 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:44 AM

Contador seems to be in a very good position to win it!

Overall standings ( at the moment):

1. Alberto Contador (Spain / Astana ) 72 hours 27 minutes 09 seconds
2. Andy Schleck (Luxembourg / Saxo Bank ) + 2 mins 26 secs
3. Frank Schleck (Luxembourg / Saxo Bank ) + 3 mins 25 secs
4. Lance Armstrong (U.S. / Astana ) + 3 mins 55 secs
5. Andreas Kloeden (Germany / Astana ) + 4 mins 44 secs

Seven-time Tour winner Armstrong admitted he had to "bite his tongue" over Contador's tactics.

But the American believes Annecy and Saturday's fearsome 21.1km climb up Mount Ventoux will ultimately decide who finishes in the top three on Sunday.

"Second is still my goal, I guess it's still possible," said Armstrong.

"If I don't win it's not the end of the world, but of course I would like to be on the podium in Paris.

"I think we still have two big days. The time trial will shake things out, there will also be a big shake-out at Mount Ventoux."
Posted Image

#15 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

I think Armstrong will finish a close 4th Place overall. He should make up time on the Schleck Brothers in the TT Today, but I think they are the better Mtn. Climbers. Armstrongs old legs, while impressive, are still old. He'd be #1 overall if not for Contador and the Schleck brothers, which is pretty impressive.

#16 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

well it is what the 3 or 4th stage, obviously quite overlooked by the World cup which is not surprising. cannot get any coverage at all on the Tele can someone graciously fill me in if they would please ?

E ~

#17 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Go to myp2p.eu and click on Live Sports then the Cycling tab. You can find a windows media stream (no download) pretty easily.

I forgot about the TDF myself until yesterday. Riders not happy with the early course selection - narrow roads on day 2 when everyone is already pretty nervous about the TDF to start with. I think about 100 riders were involved in crashes yesterday, and as of the end of today (stage 3) no less then 10 riders have already dropped out of the TDF - broken ribs, broken collarbones, facial lacerations, etc. Frank Schleck the biggest name to drop out after breaking his collarbone today on the cobblestone course.

Lots of Cobblestones today (stage 3) so lots of crashes and the 10-ft roads. Schleck the biggest casualty, Lance dropping time due to a puncture but finishing top 20 on the stage. Two groups of 6 - 8 riders finished first, followed by rest of Peloton. Next few days are relatively flat I think.
  • Erich likes this

#18 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

thanks for the heads up M ~ appreciated as I am not getting versus on the Tele anymore for some oddity, must be cyber insurgents at work

#19 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Of the 197 riders who started the TDF, we're already down to 189 - after only 3 days of racing (out of 20)....gives you an idea how bad things have been so far. I'd expect another 2 or so to drop out tomorrow from injuries sustained today. Vandevelde, for instance, finished the race yesterday (stage 2) with broken ribs but dropped out and didn't participate today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users