Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fans urged to drink whisky....

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Fans urged to drink whisky to ward off swine flu - Yahoo! News

Russian soccer fans have been told to drink whisky on their trip to Wales for next month's World Cup qualifier to ward off the H1N1 swine flu virus, the head of the country's supporter association (VOB) said on Monday.

"We urge our fans to drink a lot of Welsh whisky as a form of disinfection," VOB head Alexander Shprygin told Reuters.

"That should cure all symptoms of the disease."

"Health officials say this virus is very dangerous but being a fan myself I can tell you that for a real fan nothing is more important than the well-being of the team," said Shprygin, who also sits on the executive board of the Russian FA.

"Russian fans don't fear anything or anybody so this virus will not stand in our way of supporting our team."

2. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Welsh whisky is the answer right im off down the off licence:rolleyes::D

3. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

If welsh whisky is the answer... Then ill stick to squeezing the muddy residue out of my wet socks... A similar taste in my view

4. rhs

rhs Member

"Russian fans don't fear anything or anybody so this virus will not stand in our way of supporting our team."

They have never visited Cardiff, met the Welsh or drank Brains Bitter. Surely a state of ignorance that is bliss.

Seriously Cardiff is nice place with plenty of good pubs and hotels but St Marys Street can get scary at night,the police have little interest in small talk. Good Luck to any of our Russian readers if they decide visit.

As for welsh whisky bottled Scots whisky was being bottled and relabled until Trading Standards Caught them.

wtid45 likes this.
  5. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Cardiff is indeed a wonderful place but as RHS says at night:eek: and Brains just give them Russians some Skull Attack that will soon make Swine Flu a distant memory:D

6. wtid45

wtid45 Ace

Have to agree with you on that one Urqh,I have memories all be it hazy:confused: of a night drinking welsh whisky did not agree with me, unlike the lovely drop they make across the water ah give me a bottle of Bushmills black bush any day:D

7. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

wtid...its because its made from fermented leeks and daffodils..not a good mix

8. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Love the Bushmills