Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Temper control a work in progress for Woods

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by JagdtigerI, Aug 13, 2009.

1. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

"Tiger Woods prides himself on being able to control every aspect of his game, apart from an occasional loose tongue.

The 14-times major champion is the most visible player of his generation on television and fans have often seen him cursing or slamming clubs after hitting a poor shot.

"It is what it is," world number one Woods told reporters while preparing for Thursday's opening round of the U.S. PGA Championship at Hazeltine National.

"Unfortunately I do make mistakes and I hit bad shots and I say bad things at times. I don't mean to, it just comes out. It's not something I try and do. It just happens.

"Have I been trying to get better at that? Yeah, my entire life," said the American, who won his 70th PGA Tour title at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational Sunday.

"But it happens from time to time and I'm not the only person that does it."

Although Woods is yet to clinch a major title this year, he was in upbeat mood for his Hazeltine bid after winning the last two PGA Tour events."

Temper control a work in progress for Woods | Comcast.net

Poor behavior on the part of professional athletes is certainly an issue. At the professional level there is no excuse for such actions, but you don't often see too many articles about it. I am happy to see this one, but I wonder whether it would have been better suited towards the majority of major league baseball players ;)

2. D1J1

D1J1 Member

Most likely played up because it IS Tiger. I wonder if the writer ever saw Tommy "Thunder" Bolt?

Probably not, or he'd be having a club surgically removed from his rumpus for writing about him.