• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 willysMB

willysMB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:34 AM

Howdy all. My name is Colin and have been collecting WW2 memorabilia since i was 7 or so when my grand father gave me a few items he souvenired from his time in the pacific during the war. I am now in my 40s and have had 12 years of that in the Royal NZ Artillery with a few postings overseas in that time.
I collect mainly WW2 era US and NZ Army artillery uniform equipment and Vietnam era NZ Artillery gear. But i do have a few odd balls out side that in the way of a genuine WW2 German Artillery uniform, US marine, Gordon Highlanders, and NZ Air Force etc.
I have a few genuine US and NZ Tents, camp and catering gear, radios and other sundry equipment as well as a reasonable collection of WW2 and Vietnam era US and NZ weapons.
I have restored a 1943 Willys MB Jeep, a 1943 Bantam T3 jeep trailer, and have a 1943 WC51 Dodge Weapons carrier. I am restoring presently a 1942 Ford GPW Jeep and have a 1943 Willys MBT Jeep trailer and 1967 L5 Pack Howitzer awaiting restoration.
Other than that i am a member of the New Zealand Wing of the Commemorative (Previously Confederate) Air Force or CAF which is a worldwide organisation dedicated to restoration and operation of historic Military Aircraft and now vehicles etc.
When not busy with WW2 things i collect antiques, antique books or play my Fender Strats (Through Marshall or course), the drums, or just head bang away to blues, heavy rock and metal down in my music room.

#2 kbohara

kbohara

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

Restoring must be very interesting! Nice to have you on the site-welcome. I think you'll find that these forums are right up your alley! :)

#3 willysMB

willysMB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

Cheers for the welcome mate, i have found the site very interesting already.

#4 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 9,729 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:44 AM

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will find the Militaria forum to your liking. Happy hunting.

image001.png

Lou

#5 James Cox

James Cox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Welcome Calvin
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” Patton

#6 jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

Colin,

Welcome to this fine place, glad to have you with us!

Mark
I approached everything, my job, my family, my romances, with intensity... Gene Tierney
http://www.photobyphotographer.com

#7 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:45 PM

Colin -- Welcome! This is a fine place, full of fine folk. I am sure you will enjoy your time here!

Cheers!

#8 PzJgr

PzJgr

Drill Instructor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,039 posts
  • LocationJefferson, OH

User's Awards

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Howdy Colin and welcome to the forum. Interesting to take a look at photos of your restoration projects. Did not know the CAF had a branch out your way but good to know that endeavor to save some historic wings is global. Glad to have you with us. Happy posting.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#9 JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:17 PM

Welcome Colin!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you want peace work for justice" -Pope Paul VI

Jon

#10 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

G'day from an Aussie.

Auckland huh, that is by birth town:)

Can you put some pics of your militaria for us, we all love pictures.

Oh and of course welcome.
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#11 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:48 AM

welcome to the forum colin..

#12 behindthelines

behindthelines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

Howdy all. My name is Colin and have been collecting WW2 memorabilia since i was 7 or so when my grand father gave me a few items he souvenired from his time in the pacific during the war. I am now in my 40s and have had 12 years of that in the Royal NZ Artillery with a few postings overseas in that time.
I collect mainly WW2 era US and NZ Army artillery uniform equipment and Vietnam era NZ Artillery gear. But i do have a few odd balls out side that in the way of a genuine WW2 German Artillery uniform, US marine, Gordon Highlanders, and NZ Air Force etc.
I have a few genuine US and NZ Tents, camp and catering gear, radios and other sundry equipment as well as a reasonable collection of WW2 and Vietnam era US and NZ weapons.
I have restored a 1943 Willys MB Jeep, a 1943 Bantam T3 jeep trailer, and have a 1943 WC51 Dodge Weapons carrier. I am restoring presently a 1942 Ford GPW Jeep and have a 1943 Willys MBT Jeep trailer and 1967 L5 Pack Howitzer awaiting restoration.
Other than that i am a member of the New Zealand Wing of the Commemorative (Previously Confederate) Air Force or CAF which is a worldwide organisation dedicated to restoration and operation of historic Military Aircraft and now vehicles etc.
When not busy with WW2 things i collect antiques, antique books or play my Fender Strats (Through Marshall or course), the drums, or just head bang away to blues, heavy rock and metal down in my music room.

Nice to see a fellow Aucklander here.

#13 KillerRekoil

KillerRekoil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Hey Colin! Always glad to see a new face around here! Welcome to this great forum, you found the right place!
The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic. -Joseph Stalin

A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him. -Winston Churchill

#14 Karma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Welcome to the forums Colin, looking forward to your contributions.
A dead chrysanthemum
and yet - isn't there still something
remaining in it?
- Takahama Kyoshi

Proud Son of Japan

#15 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

Welcome to WWII Forums hope you enjoy your stay.
Those that have Evolved will sooner or later
run out of Ammo, and will be at the Merci
from the One who still carries as back up a
34" Warrior Wakizashi Knife!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users