#1 The_Historian

The_Historian

Pillboxologist

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts
  • LocationStirling, Scotland

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:14 PM

So who wiped out Oradour sur Glane then?
Desecration of a hero: Hands of Churchill statue in Paris painted blood red by protesters blaming him for death of millions | Mail Online
Regards,

Gordon

#2 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 12:51 AM

Hi Gordon, thanks for this story. Looks like the opunks are running rqmpant again in France. Wasn't there several incidents a few years ago where more punks desecrated American, British and German Cemetaries? I hope those protestors get soem hefty fines placed on them.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#3 Clark

Clark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:17 AM

That's horrible, I really hope these punks/protesters get caught, there is no excuse for vandalizing these sorts of statues.

#4 JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:19 AM

That is awful. I would like to say I am surprised someone could do something like that...but unfortunately in today's society...I'm not :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If you want peace work for justice" -Pope Paul VI

Jon

#5 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,237 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 August 2009 - 01:21 AM

I think, better than fines, any protesters caught should be made to read IN FULL, the ravings of Hitler in Mein Kampf and all of Hess' writings. Then they should be made to write complete reports on what they'd read. Finally, any time the statue of Sir Winston is smeared with bird droppings, they should have to clean it, by hand.

I sure hope these lunatics don't represent the majority thinking of the French, who 65 years ago were all too happey to see the Allies come in.

image001.png

Lou

#6 Triple C

Triple C

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 03:43 AM

Point in fact, I think Churchill would have taken Rudolf Hess's blood on his hands with PRIDE. The old lion was no man of faint heart or hare brain.

#7 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

'Sir Winston set the stage for the slaughter of millions in World War II, when he refused to hear Hess's proposals for ending that unnecessary conflict.

Unnecessary? I don't remember where I read it but a good quote I picked up a long time ago goes something like "true peace is not just the absence of conflict, but also the presence of justice."
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users