Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Stanley Area Historical Society honors WWII Veterans

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by JagdtigerI, Sep 21, 2009.

1. JagdtigerI

JagdtigerI Ace

"Stanley (WQOW) - The Stanley Area Historical Society honored World War II veterans this weekend by holding a public event where vets could talk about their experiences in the war.

Stanley veterans who served in the Pacific during World War II came together on Sunday to share their incredible stories and memories of a war that happened almost seventy years ago.

Don Daniels Sr., a World War II veteran in the Navy, says "I graduated, and about two weeks later I received a letter from the President, and it said greetings, you have been selected by a group of your friends and neighbors to join the armed services ... that made me real happy."

"I saw the raising of the flags... the small one, the flag went up, and a cheer went up and down the beaches by everyone, " said John Gospodar, a World War II veteran in the Navy.

One veteran, Ewald Koch, a World War II veteran in the Army Air Corps recalled his memories of how he was wounded at Pearl Harbor."

Stanley Area Historical Society honors WWII Veterans - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports