• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 applevalleyjoe

applevalleyjoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Well, it looks like both the Los Angeles DODGERS and the Los Angeles ANGELS are going into the playoffs again :dance1: The Dodgers took their second straight division title and completed the season with the best National League record. The Angels are the American League West champions. This is the third straight season that they took their division and the sixth straight season with 89 or more wins. Way to go, Los angeles!

#2 jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:32 PM

Joe,

Kuddos to the Angels and Dodgers for a well played season... however, being a Rockies fan, we'll see you very soon ;):)

Jem

#3 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:30 AM

And I'll see you both;). Good luck to all teams involved. Lets just hope there are no more 50+ hour games this year.
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#4 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,071 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Joe,

... however, being a Rockies fan, we'll see you very soon ;):)

Jem

Well, Mark, just remember this
Posted Image

image001.png

Lou

#5 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Where to begin:

1. The Dodger's Suck....The only time I root for the Dodger's is when they play San Fransico.....and they suck too!
2. The Rockies are only better than the Dodger's because they are not the Dodger's. The only reason they went to the World Series was because they sucked the least in the National League that year; they will never return.
3. Anaheim can go straight to Hell.

Until darkeness fell over my team, in the person of Bob Geren, I loved baseball. Bob Garen has taken one of the things I hold most dear and ruined it, I hope he is managing Anaheim when they go to Hell.

#6 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,071 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:45 AM

Where to begin:

1. The Dodger's Suck....The only time I root for the Dodger's is when they play San Fransico.....and they suck too!
2. The Rockies are only better than the Dodger's because they are not the Dodger's. The only reason they went to the World Series was because they sucked the least in the National League that year; they will never return.
3. Anaheim can go straight to Hell.

Until darkeness fell over my team, in the person of Bob Geren, I loved baseball. Bob Garen has taken one of the things I hold most dear and ruined it, I hope he is managing Anaheim when they go to Hell.

Brad, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. It's not good to hold in your emotions.:rolleyes:

image001.png

Lou

#7 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:51 AM

Yeah well I personally think there should be a restriction on Base Ball discussion untill Christmas.....or move it to "The Stump"

#8 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:03 PM

Posted Image

Hi Lou. I'm sure he does remember. They swept us last time we met in the playoffs. Looks like tomorrows match-up will have Hamels vs Jimenez at 2:30 EDT. Manuel has been hush on the rotation for the playoffs and I wouldn't be too suprised if he chose to pith Happ in game 2. The Rockies have struggled this year against left handed pitchers, so watch for the Phillies to stack the pitchers for this reason. Our closer is a question mark but as long as Lidge is willing to throw more fastballs then I think we will be all right.
Please give the Combined Fleet the chance to bloom as flowers of death. This is the navy’s earnest request. RADM Tasuku Nakazawa prior to the Battle of Leyte Gulf
It is the function of the Navy to carry the war to the enemy so that it will not be fought on U.S. soil. Admiral Chester W. Nimitz

#9 jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

Posted Image

Good morning....

Lou and Mike, look forward to the Phillies/Rockies series starting on Wed ;):) Looks like there's some pretty passionate fans on this thread... and may the best team win :D

all the best,

Jem

#10 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

Correction to my previous post.

Looks like Lee will get the start tomorrow, Hamels in Game 2. Happ and Blanton will be available to pitch out of the bullpen in both games. Nothing on Game three but if both Happ and Blanton are needed out of the bullpen then look for Pedro to start Game 3

#11 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,071 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Cliff Lee was masterful yesterday. Anxious to see if Hamels can match him today. I'm hoping for a short series. Weather in Denver on Saturday doesn't sound too promising.

image001.png

Lou

#12 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

Conglatulations to all teams who advanced to the next round. Hopefully the umpiring will get better... We will see.

#13 jemimas_special2

jemimas_special2

Shepherd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:48 PM

Mike and Lou,

A sincere congrats to the Phillies! a team well deserving of praise and talent ;) And good luck in the NL title against the Dodgers.

Jem

#14 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,071 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

Thanks, Mark. Last night's game was as thrilling a game as one could see. the Rockies look like a team to worry about in the future. Jim Tracy managed the heck out of them and the top of their lineup is really good.

I hope the Dodgers series is as entertaining, but not heart-stopping.

image001.png

Lou

#15 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:23 PM

Posted Image'nuff said.

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#16 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,071 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image'nuff said.

Personally, I hope the Angels kick their butts.:D

image001.png

Lou

#17 dgmitchell

dgmitchell

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Of the 8 teams that made it to the post-season, I really like and follow 4 of them. As many of you know, I am a Red Sox fan. My team failed me this post season and the final game of the division series convinced me that Papelbon is not what he once was.

After the Sox, I really like the Twins in the AL Central, the Cards in the NL Central and the Rockies in the NL West. They are all gone, too.

Now, instead of cheering for a team, I shall spend the next couple of weeks just hoping that the Yankees lose. Too much negative karma in doing that so I just have to move on to basketball and football and start planning for baseball 2010.

#18 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:32 AM

Well the NL has it's participant for the World Series. Congrats to the Dodgers on a terrific season. It's a shame someone had to go home, as the Dodgers and Phillies really were a cut above the rest of the NL.

#19 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:53 AM

Well the NL has it's participant for the World Series. Congrats to the Dodgers on a terrific season. It's a shame someone had to go home, as the Dodgers and Phillies really were a cut above the rest of the NL.

You wouldn't know that with how they showed up against Philly...oh wait, they were in the Shower!

I'm thinking its going to be an East Coast World Series, with the West Coast (aka LA in this case) with a generally poor showing. Yanks to win tonight and face the Cheesesteaks in the World Series.

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

#20 mikebatzel

mikebatzel

Dreadnaught

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:17 PM

You wouldn't know that with how they showed up against Philly...oh wait, they were in the Shower!

I'm thinking its going to be an East Coast World Series, with the West Coast (aka LA in this case) with a generally poor showing. Yanks to win tonight and face the Cheesesteaks in the World Series.

I agree. I think we will see Philly and New York this year. I am unwilling to pick a winner though. Both line-up's can hurt you at anytime. I think it will go 7 games, but flip a coin for the winner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users