13 replies to this topic

#1 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

how can henry blatantly lie???????? having watched the incident several time's it's clear it was intentional,cheat,liar and a disgrace,not the behaviour you would expect from him,but heh! it's about getting to the world cup,and you do what it takes!!!! and he clearly did...:(;);)

#2 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:15 PM

Before people go crying for his head, its a disgrace, yadda yadda yadda, do you realize how often such things happen on a weekly basis? Of course, not all of them lead to goals, or have implications on World Cup Qualifying, but still...its part of the sad state of soccer today, where players try to 'sell' things to the Refs. The game was also in Paris, with a lot riding on the French, so the refs playing favorites clearly in show here since it was such a blatant handball.

Whats going to happen over this incident? Absolutely nothing.

Check out my AAR Threads in the Gaming + Simulation section!

Currently playing Total War: Rome 2

#3 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

of course matt,nothing will likely turn round the result,but with henry admitting he did it? not sure what part he's admitting> the ball hitting his hand? or the hand helping the ball to stay in play?,but as you say home result.....ray..

#4 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

He admitted that there was a handball, though its hard to tell if it was intentional. If you look at the video, and screens, his arm was where it was long while the ball was in the air, prior to it bouncing. I thinking he didn't expect it to get by the defender in the first place, but at the same time he didn't even attempt to move his arm away when it was clear it was heading out/towards his arm. I don't think he pre-planned doing it, and was maybe surprised the refs didn't call it, but what is there to do? I'd love to see a replay of the match, but FIFA will never do such a thing.

#5 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

more to the point will they respond?

#6 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Doubtful. They won't draw any more attention to the incident. I'd be shocked if they respond to anything.

#7 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

we live in hope matt....ray...

#8 AndyPants

AndyPants

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

yep, I was upset last night alright...gutted! (along with the rest of the country by the sounds of it!).......but ya, FIFA wont do anything......unless the french FA respond to the Irish FA now - then you never know what might happen ???
All the Best,

Andy

"people who are not themselves are nobody" - General George S. Patton

#9 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:07 PM

Thierry Henry has conceded that replaying the controversial World Cup play-off against the Republic of Ireland would be "the fairest solution".

#10 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,245 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

But FIFA has declined to take any action and denied the chance to replay the game.

#11 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

But FIFA has declined to take any action and denied the chance to replay the game.

so it's a case of henry seen doing the honourable thing? and fifa beaing an arse! matt..

#12 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,313 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

The linesreferee probably saw what happened and the main referee did not go to him and ask what happened . I think it was the referee´s wrong decision especially because the players reacted so aggressively. He should have consulted the linesman.
Posted Image

#13 tovarisch

tovarisch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

Henry's a right cheating *&#@ :) Seriously, I don't think that's even debatable. It was an intentional handball. He basically passed to himself with his palm, then served the ball to Gallas who put France 1-0 up. I mean, all of the French FA apologetics, and Henry's own words are just a cover-up, really. I'll bet the FA told him to apologise to the press so as to calm people down a bit.

#14 tovarisch

tovarisch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:00 AM

Henry's a right cheating *&#@ :) Seriously, I don't think that's even debatable. It was an intentional handball. He basically passed to himself with his palm, then served the ball to Gallas who put France 1-0 up. I mean, all of the French FA apologetics, and Henry's own words are just a cover-up, really. I'll bet the FA told him to apologise to the press so as to calm people down a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users