Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

where can i find info on my uncle who is in the english channel

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by mysticlady14041, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mysticlady14041

mysticlady14041 recruit

family records as far as i know read: that my uncle Nelson John Dickinson was a gunner in WW2. his plane went down around 1944 into the english channel.As far as I know his remains is still in the english channel,where could i find any info about this? and what plane and his rank and anything about him while he was in the war? thx Denise:)

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

Thread moved.

4. sonofacameron

sonofacameron Member

I have used the names you gave but can find no details at war graves site.

Have got details of 176 with the name DICKINSON, you might need to check on the spelling of his name.
    176 names here;Geoff's Search Engine

Icare9 likes this.
  5. Icare9

Icare9 Member

Regrettably there does not appear to be any Nelson John Dickinson in the RAF CWGC records. None of the Dickinsons with an initial "J" are recorded as being on the Runnymede Memorial, (meaning they have no known grave). All the J Dickinsons have known graves, so you might want to search through those on Geoff's 1939-1947 Search Engine entering the Surname and the initial and Royal Air Force in the Regiment/Corps Drop Down List.
    With the information you provided there is not much more that I can provide.
    Gaining his Service Papers will no doubt give you his Service Number and more details that we can then use to help you.