4 replies to this topic

#1 mysticlady14041

mysticlady14041

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

family records as far as i know read: that my uncle Nelson John Dickinson was a gunner in WW2. his plane went down around 1944 into the english channel.As far as I know his remains is still in the english channel,where could i find any info about this? and what plane and his rank and anything about him while he was in the war? thx Denise:)

#2 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,231 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:54 AM

Welcome aboard, MysticLady. For starters, check this thread. It may be a useful place to start. http://www.ww2f.com/...ce-records.html

Good luck.

image001.png

Lou

#3 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:59 AM

Thread moved.
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#4 sonofacameron

sonofacameron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:19 AM

I have used the names you gave but can find no details at war graves site.

Have got details of 176 with the name DICKINSON, you might need to check on the spelling of his name.
176 names here;Geoff's Search Engine
  • Icare9 likes this

#5 Icare9

Icare9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:21 PM

Regrettably there does not appear to be any Nelson John Dickinson in the RAF CWGC records. None of the Dickinsons with an initial "J" are recorded as being on the Runnymede Memorial, (meaning they have no known grave). All the J Dickinsons have known graves, so you might want to search through those on Geoff's 1939-1947 Search Engine entering the Surname and the initial and Royal Air Force in the Regiment/Corps Drop Down List.
With the information you provided there is not much more that I can provide.
Gaining his Service Papers will no doubt give you his Service Number and more details that we can then use to help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users