4 replies to this topic

#1 sawmant

sawmant

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

My dad took a gun site off an 88 when he was in the field during WW II in Patton's army. He says this was almost identical except for writing in German that was on his M7. It is in it's original box and he is wondering where he can find out what this might be worth and where would be he best place to market it? Anyone have an idea?

Sawmant

#2 sniper1946

sniper1946

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

welcome to the forum,pics would be of use please to obtain information,as this will enable to assist in your enquiry..ray..

#3 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:12 PM

like to see photos of the site if this is possible. I have downloaded an added a manual on the 8.8cm earlier this past week on the forum so just look through older threads on the weapons forum and you can see it in the b/w photo stage.
:aceofspades: E ~

#4 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:49 AM

I saw a gunsight that was recenty for sale on a Miitaria site I frequently buy from and haunt-that was for a smaller field piece but was still commanding several hundred dollars. It didn't come with a case but the thing still worked perfectly. Id think that a cased one that belonged to an 88 and if still works? could possibly be in the neighborhood of about $2,000 or so Dollars. In all my years of buying stuff and or just looking on militara sites-i've never seen one for sale. Sooo, that $2,000 guesstimate could be well below what they are worth. Just my opinion though.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#5 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

very debateable Carl ............ of course it is would a collector of optics pay the premium price or do we have an item that is well lets say 500.00 is worth. we have the poster stating it's in it's original case so that would mean something but then again maybe not re: why I posted the 8.8cm manual now lost in the archivs a week or so ago of postings. again we could have some nice clean close-up pics, I for one am interested if this is a Flak piece or ground AT weaponry.

will post the manual again : http://www.lexpev.nl...rman88mmgun.pdf
:aceofspades: E ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users