Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Renown and Repulse VS. Prinz Eugen

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Western Front & Atlan' started by Shuttlelover101, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuttlelover101

Shuttlelover101 Member

This is a question, i asked on another forum im on: This is kind of the same idea, but it's a little bit difince then one we did on here About Her vs. the two heaavy cruisers Norfolk and Dorsetshire. If Renown and Repulse went up against PE, could they handle her, and get a tow line on her to keep her from helping her brother Bismarck in his last fight against KGV, Rondey, Norfolk and Dorsetshire?

I guess what i was trying to ask is could they hold on to her with the towlines til, bismarck got sank, then when KGV and Rondey, when back to scapa flow, the four of them take her back with them. But if they able to get a prize crew on board, they dont have to two her, but say in a net around her, so she can run for freedom, that what i ment ok..

What i mean by getting in a net around her with KGV, Rodney,behind her and Renown, her sister on each side of PE! if she gets in to a wiggle and squimming mood, how do they handle her or is she dogmeat? And Explain why, it would help me understand better?

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Why bother? A few 15" shells and PE is headed for the bottom.

3. redcoat

redcoat Ace

As dozens of posters on other forums have told you (including myself) the idea that the British would attempt to capture the Prinz Eugen in the middle of a battle against the Bismarck is totally insane.

4. Shuttlelover101

Shuttlelover101 Member

redcoat,
    what other forum are you on with me?? guys, all I'm saying is she moves in to protect her bigger brother, a few well placed shots, and she out of there, then with Renown and Repulse, keep her cornered! what do you guys thing?
    Nikki

5. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

The question remains, WHY DO SO? It isn't like the Prinz Eugen was some secret supership or anything.

6. Shuttlelover101

Shuttlelover101 Member

No, but what was able to keep some of hood fire on her, so her brother could get the range on her..
    Nikki

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Because of the way the RN interpretted the battle line they mistook the Prinz for the Bismarck, and shot at the smaller target while the Bismarck got to take some "free" shots before crippling her own radar range finders.

What is with this love of the Prinz? It was a decent heavy cruiser but nothing more.

8. redcoat

redcoat Ace

9. Shuttlelover101

Shuttlelover101 Member

Guys,
    All I'm saying is, If she moves in to protect her bigger brother, a few well placed shots, and she out of there, then with Renown and Repulse, keep her cornered, then with KGV and Rodney help take her to scapa flow naval base! what do you guys thing?
    Nikki

10. Gerard

Gerard Member

Why are you so obsessed with Prinz Eugen. You keep putting these "What if" scenarios - What if Prinz Eugen was bombed in Port? What if the Swordfish had hit Prinz Eugen with a torpedo - what if the entire Kriegsmarine decided to make Prinz Eugen their flagship~???

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I know that you asked me about posting questions, but please post What Ifs is the what if forum. I did not realize this is what you were wanting to ask.

You have asked this question here before, I see no reason to bring it back up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.