Photo
- - - - -

Who else is both surprised and pleased...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

Who else is both surprised and pleased that the Saints pulled it off? I'm doubly happy in that they were the underdogs by two touchdowns or more in the pundits opinions, and that I had twenty on them!

And I got a 5:1 bet (no point spread) with cousin Jerry. My cousin isn't too happy at the moment, :rolleyes:. My heart isn't exactly bleeding for him, and yet he has to go home with his wife Michelle and explain the $100 check he wrote me!

Ah well, I had the twenty to loose and he had the hundred to loose as well.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#2 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,238 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:58 AM

I will admit to surprise. When the Colts scored to get their 17, I told my wife I didn't think the Saints defense could hold back Manning. The missed Colts field goal I think became the turning point. This just adds to the other million reasons why I don't bet on football games.:rolleyes:

image001.png

Lou

#3 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:09 AM

I will admit to surprise. When the Colts scored to get their 17, I told my wife I didn't think the Saints defense could hold back Manning. The missed Colts field goal I think became the turning point. This just adds to the other million reasons why I don't bet on football games.:rolleyes:

I'll be honest; I was fingering my Jackson with a bit of trepidation at the half time break. When it turned around in my mind wasn't just the missed field goal, but the gamble on the "on-side" kick by the Saints after a score. I don't bet on "point spreads" and such, this was just a "friendly bet" between relatives, he was so sure that the Colts would run away and hide from the Saints I couldn't resist when he offered me five to one.

He was so sure, I couldn't help risking a twenty on the off chance he could be wrong. But that aside, it was a damn decent game for a Super Bowl, some of which have been less than thrilling in reality.

I'll probably buy Jerry and Michelle a dinner next week (on his Franklin) just to keep any animosity from growing. It wasn't the money by any stretch.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#4 Slipdigit

Slipdigit

Good Ol' Boy

• Administrators
  • 14,858 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:15 AM

I didn't watch the game, except for the last 5 minutes of the 1st half, where the Saints failed to score on 4th & 1 on the 1.

Glad the Saints won, though. Made a lot of my family members happy.

Best Regards,  
JW :slipdigit:

SlidigitAxe.png

#5 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:27 AM

Bobby(A-58) is going to be unbearable

#6 texson66

texson66

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 05:18 AM

I guess after 43 years, I'd cut Bobby some slack and indulge him some!:)

I had no dog in this fight, and I really enjoyed the game. It was one of the quickest Super Bowls seems to me; the game really moved along!

I got a kick out of seeing Brees with his little son after the game. Great moment!

(I sure wouldnt want to be NO tonight though!:eek:....too much good times rolling!)

#7 Hilts

Hilts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

WHO DAT? WHO DAT? WHOOOOO DATTTTTTT!!!!! :dance1::dance1::dance1:

Oh yeah, ................oh yeah......................oh yeah :grouphug: ......................been a Saints fan since 1984 when the NFL came to England.

It's been a long, long wait! But oh boy! Tracey Porter...................Champagne moment!! All my mates over here, Patriots fans, Gaints, Bears, Cowboys, 49ers.................read 'em and weep suckers!!!!! :FUallplz::FUallplz::FUallplz:

Edited by Hilts, 08 February 2010 - 02:12 PM.

• texson66 likes this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Carve Her Name With Pride

#8 Fgrun83

Fgrun83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

I guess after 43 years, I'd cut Bobby some slack and indulge him some!:)

I had no dog in this fight, and I really enjoyed the game. It was one of the quickest Super Bowls seems to me; the game really moved along!

I got a kick out of seeing Brees with his little son after the game. Great moment!

(I sure wouldnt want to be NO tonight though!:eek:....too much good times rolling!)

i'm glad you felt the super bowl moved quickly, the last 2 minuets of the 1st half lasted forever in my anticipation of the who's performance.
You were a rotten pilot when we flew in Russia you're flying a desk now but you're still a rotten pilot!

#9 Kruska

Kruska

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

....where the Saints failed to score on 4th & 1 on the 1.

:confused::eek:

Guess I will never get the idea of this game :D

Regards
Kruska
Imagine there is a WAR!!! - and your TV doesn't work

#10 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Regards
Kruska

There is a movie called" "The Longest Yard" that will teach you everything you need to know about prison................errr uhh American Football. Be sure and get the 1960 something version.

Basically you have a bunch of fat guys that slap eachother around and then a bunch of skinny guys that chase eachother around the field. The first team to get their aerodynamically sound "ball" accross the other team's "endzone" or through their "goal posts" ( Really big wickets) scores.

Consumption of mass quanities of beer while eating "Brats" and cheese fortified food is mandatory.

Brad

#11 texson66

texson66

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

Regards
Kruska

This will explain it ALL to y'all!

YouTube - Andy Griffith Football Story from 1953
  • brndirt1 likes this

#12 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:09 PM

I laughed so hard when I first heard that on the radio as a kid in Mt., I actually got a side-ache. I hadn't heard of Andy Griffith before that bit, and even became a bit of a Mayberry fan in the sixties.

Him and his "big orange drink".
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#13 Kruska

Kruska

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

formerjughead;

There is a movie called" "The Longest Yard" that will teach you everything you need to know about prison....

Thanks I get the prison hint ...:D

Basically you have a bunch of fat guys that slap eachother around and then a bunch of skinny guys that chase eachother around the field. The first team to get their aerodynamically sound "ball" accross the other team's "endzone" or through their "goal posts" ( Really big wickets) scores.

Yep, that is how far I got to understand that game so far ;)

Consumption of mass quanities of beer while eating "Brats" and cheese fortified food is mandatory.

Now this is the part I can truly follow and enjoy.:)

A good friend of mine in Colorado had invited me some 20 years back to see the Denver Broncos? against Team X, he and the whole crowd were going wild - whilst I just couldn't take to see them players always returning to some line around the middle of the field to start all over again, with one player being mashed to pancake after just having crossed a line or two.

I was always in anticipation for this so called home run - so everytime one player started to run I was praying to God, please let this guy go through and not back again to some center line.:D

Well you gave the world the Harlem Globetrotters - so that makes up for all those other "physical moving" activities - you guys term sports :cool:

Oh and the place I reside at present isn't too Y-tube receptive - so unfortunately no go for me at that one.

Regards
Kruska
Imagine there is a WAR!!! - and your TV doesn't work

#14 bigfun

bigfun

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

I really didn't care who won or lost, but I did really enjoy the game!
Scott :flag_USA_ww2: :flag_netherlands:

#15 Mussolini

Mussolini

Gaming Guru

• Members
  • 5,234 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

I really, really hate the 'Who Dat' quote thing. At least use proper english! It makes me think of uneducated people.

I should have bet money that the final score would be a 14 pt difference...Last week talking to coworkers I told them it'd be a 14 point differential.

I thought the Saints were in for a long game after that 1st Quarter, was surprised to see the Colts falter. Dwight Freeney being injured I think was a huge plus for the Saints, almost no pressure on Brees the entire game.

Were they really that large an underdog? Bree's puts up almost the same numbers as Peyton does and the Saints D really picked it up in the postseason.

HOI 3: Black ICE USA AAR

http://www.ww2f.com/...cracy-a-usaaar/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users