• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 behindthelines

behindthelines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:49 PM

Hi all saw a interesting program on Hitler Amageddon machine.

It was in a quarry called "America" near Prague were, legend or truth has it, Hilter had his scientists build a device which, if the Nazis lost the war, would destroy the Earth in a dramatic climax.:eek:

The device had enough Uranium stored in it to create a nuclear explosion and if the machine was activated it would drill to the center of the Earth and detonate. People believe it is still hidden in the quarry but was never used .

What you guys think?I know Germany had some crazy weapon ideas but do you think they would have created something like this .

#2 Jyeatbvg

Jyeatbvg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

I don't think we can even make a machine that drills to the centre of the Earth now, so it's highly unlikely Hitler had one.

#3 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

....What you guys think?I know Germany had some crazy weapon ideas but do you think they would have created something like this .

Field Marshall Wilhelm E. VonCoyote of the Acme Arsenal tried it without much success. The allied "Road Runner" program proved all attempts by the Acme Arsenal to be insufficient.

#4 A-58

A-58

Cool Dude

• Members
  • 5,676 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

That premis was taken from the move "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb", and it worked.

Cool movie too....

Edited by A-58, 24 March 2010 - 11:38 PM.
grammar

"On the Plains of Hesitation, lies the blackened bones of countless millions who,
at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died"....

(Adlai Stevenson to Harry Truman on discussing the pros and cons of dropping the big one, or so I'm told)

#5 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

I almost forgot

Why can't humans drill to the center of the Earth? | Answerbag

#6 A-58

A-58

Cool Dude

• Members
  • 5,676 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

I guess those people never saw "Journey to the Center of the Earth" with James Mason and Pat Boone, some chick, a dude with a bad attitude, that Noweigen guy and his duck, Gertrude. They made it to the center of the earth, and got pooted out by riding in a great big Roman salad bowl up the chute of a volcano. So there. It can be done.

Just have a little faith baby, and don't hit me so early in the morning with those negative waves man....

(Too much "Kelly's Heroes" this week.)

"On the Plains of Hesitation, lies the blackened bones of countless millions who,
at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died"....

(Adlai Stevenson to Harry Truman on discussing the pros and cons of dropping the big one, or so I'm told)

#7 Biak

Biak

Adjutant

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

Darn good thing we got him when we did. He was also building a Flying Saucer!
The UnMuseum - Nazi Flying Saucers

U-Fliegen Saucer ?

Attached Files

Edited by Biak, 24 March 2010 - 11:45 PM.

Happiness is nice but it can't buy money.

Kilroy_Was_Here_by_catluvr2.gif

#8 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

What a load of crock! Everyone knows that if you drill far enough you'll reach China!
  • Richard likes this
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#9 T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner

Genuine Chief

• Members
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:51 AM

It was in a quarry called "America" near Prague were, legend or truth has it, Hilter had his scientists build a device which, if the Nazis lost the war, would destroy the Earth in a dramatic climax.:eek:

The device had enough Uranium stored in it to create a nuclear explosion and if the machine was activated it would drill to the center of the Earth and detonate. People believe it is still hidden in the quarry but was never used .

What you guys think?I know Germany had some crazy weapon ideas but do you think they would have created something like this .

Put down the hash pipe.....
  • mikebatzel likes this

#10 Biak

Biak

Adjutant

• 5,625 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:53 AM

What a load of crock! Everyone knows that if you drill far enough you'll reach China!

I think if you start in Germany you'll come out closer to Australia.

Happiness is nice but it can't buy money.

Kilroy_Was_Here_by_catluvr2.gif

#11 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:51 AM

No. no don't send those Germans here:)

And to answer the question I would like to ask you one.

If the Germans had this kind of technology and the ability to detonate a bomb that could destroy the earth, don't you think they would have?
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#12 behindthelines

behindthelines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:43 AM

No. no don't send those Germans here:)

And to answer the question I would like to ask you one.

If the Germans had this kind of technology and the ability to detonate a bomb that could destroy the earth, don't you think they would have?

Good question

#13 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• 10,344 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:40 PM

Put down the hash pipe.....

After you put down the pipe, turn off the TV and read some books. The level of German technological development is not what some would believe, especially in regard to atomic development.
  • brndirt1 likes this

image001.png

Lou

#14 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:17 PM

Too true Lou, they never collected more than a few grams of fissionable U-235 in their entire time of working on the problem. They also never got their reactor up and running so they couldn't transmute plutonium either. U-238 (uranium oxide) which they did have is about as dangerous as lead. Both will kill you eventually if your grind them into fine powder and inhale or ingest them, otherwise they both make excellent book weights or door stops.
Happy Trails,
Clint.

#15 OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer

I Point at Opana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:33 PM

Utterly absurd. We couldn't build such a machine today. Where do this cock-and-bull stories come from, anyway?

"One of our King Tigers could take five of your Shermans, but you always had six of them."

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
Pearl Harbor Attack Message Board
Veteran: USN, 1969-1989

#16 behindthelines

behindthelines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:35 PM

Utterly absurd. We couldn't build such a machine today. Where do this cock-and-bull stories come from, anyway?

History channel ,I guess i can believe them anymore .

#17 OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer

I Point at Opana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

That premis was taken from the move "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Stopped Worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb", and it worked.

Cool movie too....

Wasn't that just a big cobalt bomb that would poison the whole planet?

Anywho, nobody's built anything near a Nutcracker Bomb, it would to deal with 8 quintillion tons of rock and metal, not an easy job for any go-bang.

"One of our King Tigers could take five of your Shermans, but you always had six of them."

#18 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

Anywho, nobody's built anything near a Nutcracker Bomb, it would to deal with 8 quintillion tons of rock and metal, not an easy job for any go-bang.

Oh come on, now your just making up words:D
For want of a nail the shoe was lost, for the want of a shoe the horse was lost, for the want of a horse the rider was lost, for the want of a rider the battle was lost, For want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horseshoe nail.

Robert,

#19 Tomcat

Tomcat

The One From Down Under

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:50 PM

What crew would even be willing to destroy the planet?

It couldn't be the whole do this or we kill your family, because by doing it anyway they kill their family. Who could be wililng to destory every person on the planet including themselves for some mad man?

Robert,

#20 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:06 AM

What crew would even be willing to destroy the planet?

It couldn't be the whole do this or we kill your family, because by doing it anyway they kill their family. Who could be wililng to destory every person on the planet including themselves for some mad man?

I think what you are failing to realize is that Hitler was nuttier than squirrel turds and his inner circle worshipped him. How do you rationalize half the the things he ordered done. In all honesty trying to drill a hole to the center of the earth was probably one of his more benign directives. He wanted a freakin' laser beam to shoot down aircraft for the love of Christ, forget that in the process they stumbled upon Radar and didn't understand it. Cukoo Cukoo

#21 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

Aren't you thinking of the "weapon" in Dr. Strangelove? The doomsday machine that was a fictional Soviet system which would be automatically detonated, exploding some 50 cobalt-jacketed hydrogen bombs pre-positioned around the planet if the doomsday system's sensors detected a nuclear attack on Soviet soil.

Thus, even an accidental or (as in Dr. Strangelove) an unauthorized U.S. nuclear bomb could set off the doomsday machine bombs, thus releasing enough deadly cobalt fallout to make the Earth uninhabitable for the human species for about 93 years. No-one supposedly could stop the fully automated apocalypse under any scenario.

This was sort of the effect of the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) policy which kept the world away from nuclear war while there were Super Powers facing each other with clearly defined "goals".

Now if that wingnut Hitler could have built anything like that he most assuredly would have used it. He was too "self important" not to. If his plans were thwarted, and his "vison" denied then the world didn't deserve him nor his vision, and both needed and deserved to be destroyed.

Happy Trails,
Clint.

#22 OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer

I Point at Opana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Oh come on, now your just making up words:D

quintillion is 000,000,000,000,000

Not to be confused with septillion.

(I once calculated the weight of the Earth vs. the weight of the Antarctic ice cap when someone claimed it would tilt the Earth on it's axis. Purple BS of the highest magnitude.)

#23 OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer

I Point at Opana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

Aren't you thinking of the "weapon" in Dr. Strangelove? The doomsday machine that was a fictional Soviet system which would be automatically detonated, exploding some 50 cobalt-jacketed hydrogen bombs pre-positioned around the planet if the doomsday system's sensors detected a nuclear attack on Soviet soil.

Thus, even an accidental or (as in Dr. Strangelove) an unauthorized U.S. nuclear bomb could set off the doomsday machine bombs, thus releasing enough deadly cobalt fallout to make the Earth uninhabitable for the human species for about 93 years. No-one supposedly could stop the fully automated apocalypse under any scenario.

That's what I was referring to in the post I was referring to, yes.

#24 brndirt1

brndirt1

Saddle Tramp

• Members
  • 9,709 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

quintillion is 000,000,000,000,000

Not to be confused with septillion.

(I once calculated the weight of the Earth vs. the weight of the Antarctic ice cap when someone claimed it would tilt the Earth on it's axis. Purple BS of the highest magnitude.)

Scientists are even lobbying for a new word to help them describe numbers larger than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, amid concerns that the current system of units is insufficient. The new one would be the "Hella", which would be used for figures with 27 zeros after the first digit.

Currently the highest prefix allowed by the International System of Units (SI) is the "yotta", for 24 zeroes.

Happy Trails,
Clint.

#25 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

......(I once calculated the weight of the Earth vs. the weight of the Antarctic ice cap when someone claimed it would tilt the Earth on it's axis. Purple BS of the highest magnitude.)

Why am I not suprised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users