Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Prisoner of War, Links to WWII POW camps worldwide..

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by sniper1946, Apr 13, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Prisoner of War association, contains many links to camps world wide, and good info contained within each one...

Links

2. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

The definitive resource:

POW, Escape and Evader Database:
    http://powvets.com/

Much has been added since the following post came up on our sister site ww2talk - including Japanese...

jacksun Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:46 PM
    Just another quick update on my site, I just completed putting all the POW and Escaper and Evader records I have (102,882) into a database.
    This database is now searchable by last name, soldier number, rank, or unit. Clicking on the soldiers last name gets you a single record for the soldier.
    Currently only covers Europe, without Italy and Japan. I need to have those transcribed.
    Incorporated into the design is the ability to attach liberation report and E & E report images or links to the record. I have very few of these at the present time so don't expect to see them.
    If you want to see one with a liberation report, this is my grandfathers.
    | Powvets

On that note, if anyone has any E&E or LR images they'd like to share it would be appreciated, or if you are interested in working on this project with me any assistance would be welcomed.

No where near the total number of records that exist, but a good start none the less. [​IMG]

Cheers, Wayne"

3. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

That's some amazing info there.

4. WW2HistoryGal

WW2HistoryGal Member

Wow. What a great site.

I know there is a German equivalent somewhere (will have to do some digging) that I once consulted when working on my book about the German POWs here in Nebraska.