Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

500,000 world cup tickets still up for grabs!!

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by sniper1946, Apr 15, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

2. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Reason 1: South Africa is an extremely poor country compared to other locations. Locals can not afford to buy the tickets, even when given at major discounts ($5 a ticket compared to the $300+ everyone else has to pay).

Reason 2: South Africa is a small country compared to European Countries. It is also not easy for people to travel too. You won't have neighboring African Countries driving down for the World Cup (unlike in Europe, where its easy to travel between the countries, especially via Train).

Reason 3: South Africa has an extremely high crime-rate which has thrown off many would-be visitors.

Reason 4: The death of the neo-Nazi leader in South Africa has caused racial tensions to flare up in South Africa, and bring light back onto South Africa's violent past and crime.

Now, don't get me wrong. I would love to go to the World Cup, or even visit South Africa...just not both at the same time, when there is going to be so much opportunity for danger and increased racial tensions in the country.

I still think having the World Cup in South Africa is one of the worst decisions the committee has made, just like having the Olympics in Brazil.

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert