8 replies to this topic

#1 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:37 PM

5 of us traveled some 107 miles from Orygun south to Appelgate lake and up and over the ridge into California a couple miles. many Osprey and Bald Eagles along the way. One of the riders had a flat on the way back so that was 25 minutes out of the ride but heck who cares ............. it happens.

Seems the photographer was having fun taking a view of the side of my head while everyone struck a pose

Attached Files

:aceofspades: E ~

#2 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:28 AM

Great day and great views,Erich! Thanx for sharing the pics!
Posted Image

#3 A-58

A-58

Cool Dude

• Members
  • 5,558 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Y'all don't stop to help the ones with bike troubles?

"On the Plains of Hesitation, lies the blackened bones of countless millions who,
at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died"....

(Adlai Stevenson to Harry Truman on discussing the pros and cons of dropping the big one, or so I'm told)

#4 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:09 AM

5 of us traveled some 107 miles from Orygun south to Appelgate lake and up and over the ridge into California a couple miles. many Osprey and Bald Eagles along the way. One of the riders had a flat on the way back so that was 25 minutes out of the ride but heck who cares ............. it happens.

Seems the photographer was having fun taking a view of the side of my head while everyone struck a pose

Sure, Fine......just come into my State without so much as a : "Fair the well!"..............I am going to assume you didn't come over Siskiyou Summit. Great day for a bike ride!!

Brad

#5 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:59 PM

nope done Siskiyou summit in the past/Mt. Ashland, the police are not too keen about riders coming over on I-5. though is what happened with over a thousand this past September going to Yreka from the east during cycle Orygun.

rode the 2-3 miles down and let out creek of Appelgate lake and then down two terrible forestry roads I turned around I did not want a double flat on my skinnies. there were at least a half dozen junk homes off that creek, Cars were marked with Orygun plates.

#6 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

3 more pics to add to the thread

first one we are sitting atop Kubli road enjoying the view up towards Williams in the background hidden by ridges, one of the best 2 mile descents in the county.

the group cracked me up as I was the only one with shorts originally on the rest bibs or leg protectors, it's probably around 45F the time the pic was taken.

Posted Image

looking back south up one of the many ridge lines characteristic of our beautiful county.

Posted Image

heading north now about 10 miles till home into a head wind. S. and I just plotting along chatting probably around 70F.

Posted Image

#7 formerjughead

formerjughead

The Cooler King

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • 5,062 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

If I had legs like that I would step on a land mine...:P

Great pics Erich

#8 LRusso216

LRusso216

Graybeard

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 10,198 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

The guy on the recumbent seems to have the right idea. If I ever get into cycling (about as likely as me climbing Mt. Everest), I think that's the way I'd go.

Great pics, BTW.

image001.png

Lou

#9 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

recumbents are really a great way to go if the back is shot, great exercise, very tedious climbing hills, on the descents nobody is gonna catch you.

we have the largest number of recumbent riders in south Orygun, northern California per capita. It takes a bit of getting used to sitting and pedaling especially starting after you stop as it is quite easy to fall over. A perfect bike set up with luggage for a very long weekly/monthly tour, good for viewing Europe without the Ash :cycle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users