Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Cliff Burk

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by cliff's daughter, Apr 28, 2010.

1. cliff's daughter

cliff's daughter Member

hello. from my chosen user name my favorite veteran was my dad, cliff.
    when he passed away last summer, i inherited ALLLLLLL of his stuff related to WWII.
    he shared many, many stories of his past, war and non-war related. it encouraged my interest in his past. reconnecting to his past makes me feel closer to him, as i miss him still every single day. he wrote down every story he could think of and i hope to help others reconnect with their past by continuing to share his stories and pictures with others.

upon his retirement, he wrote (no computer searching for him) many public record holders for info regarding his past 341st airdrome sq members. he accounted for most all of the 182 or so guys and started a newsletter to keep them in touch with one another.

interested in more? google: cliff burk, to see his interview with a high school student who conducted an oral history approx 8 yrs ago. they remained best friends. anyway, i'm happy to be here and hope to connect with more folks interested in the close of the war era in the phillipine islands. when/as my work demands slow down, maybe i can get more of his stories and pictures posted somewhere online.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Cliff's Daughter,

I moved your post to it's own thread, so you can get individual attention.

Feel free to post anything about your father. He sounds like he was quite a man.

3. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I just replied in another thread and then saw this one. Looking forward to reading more.

4. cliff's daughter

cliff's daughter Member

click here: So Proudly We Hail: Home for a link to an interview and pdf files from my dad from a 2002 high school oral history project.

along the left side bar, select interviews, then select cliff burk.

he included a history of the 341st airdrome squadron.
    if anyone interested in the 341st wants more info, PM me, i have tons of info, thanks to my dad =)

5. kimpunkrock

kimpunkrock Member

thanks for posting. The vets mean a lot to me.

I also just read the interview. I really enjoyed seeing his medals and stuff. My grandfather served in the 15th army air corp. I inherited all of his stuff.

6. revbucky

revbucky Member

Welcome Cliff's daughter. Glad to see you here. I'm new too.