32 replies to this topic

#1 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Hey hey guys!

Ice hockey world championships are just about to begin in 3 minutes. First game USA-Germany in the stadium capacity over 75 000.

#2 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• Dishonorably Discharged
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

We Have the Race for the Lord Stanly right now in North America. And the Who's Who of Hockey are hitting the Ice right now.
World Championships Hockey hows playing Juniors? :D where are they being held?
Those that have Evolved will sooner or later
run out of Ammo, and will be at the Merci
from the One who still carries as back up a
34" Warrior Wakizashi Knife!

#3 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

We Have the Race for the Lord Stanly right now in North America. And the Who's Who of Hockey are hitting the Ice right now.
World Championships Hockey hows playing Juniors? :D where are they being held?

:D:D:D Exactly! Our team is also build together from European players only, team Canada and Usa are build mainly from NHL teams that didn't qualify to the play offs. Russia has a very strong team as they have Ovechkin, Kovalchuk etc. Championships are held in Germany this year and yesterday the opening match between Germany and USA was played in 75000 capacity football stadium. Poor match, but the athmosphere was great. They actually did new audience record by 77 803 in single ice hockey game.

I too follow closely NHL playoffs, but to me most of the matches are played in the middle of the night. I can watch them live on ESPN America, but it's way too hardcore since I need to go to work at the morning :o

But yes, I feels a bit dull after the great Olympics tournament, but hey - at least we have also a chance to win the gold this year!

#4 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

Not the best possible start to the games. We lost to Denmark 1-4. Well done our lads, continue like this and no chance of a medal....
Posted Image

#5 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

:D:D:D Exactly! Our team is also build together from European players only, team Canada and Usa are build mainly from NHL teams that didn't qualify to the play offs. Russia has a very strong team as they have Ovechkin, Kovalchuk etc. Championships are held in Germany this year and yesterday the opening match between Germany and USA was played in 75000 capacity football stadium. Poor match, but the athmosphere was great. They actually did new audience record by 77 803 in single ice hockey game.

I too follow closely NHL playoffs, but to me most of the matches are played in the middle of the night. I can watch them live on ESPN America, but it's way too hardcore since I need to go to work at the morning :o

But yes, I feels a bit dull after the great Olympics tournament, but hey - at least we have also a chance to win the gold this year!

It Clicked few hours after I Posted the MSG They have that tournament every year All the North American Teams that don't make it to the Play-offs end up playing for their Country.

Yes that must suck for someone who likes Hockey, Well you have to work or no money to play with.

World Championships

2010 IIHF World Championship

In Cologne, Mannheim & Gelsenkirchen, Germany, May 7-23, 2010

Group A (Cologne): Russia, Belarus, Slovakia, Kazakhstan.
Group B (Mannheim): Canada, Switzerland, Latvia, Italy.
Group C (Mannheim): Sweden, Czech Republic, Norway, France.
Group D (Cologne): Finland, USA, Germany, Denmark.

World Championships

2010 IIHF World Championship Division II

Group A in Mexico City, Mexico, April 11-17, 2010: Australia, Belgium, Spain, Bulgaria, Mexico, Turkey.

Spain Australia Turkey Mexico have Hockey Teams :rolleyes:

#6 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

Spain Australia Turkey Mexico have Hockey Teams :rolleyes:

This is so funny, usually many games end like 25-2 or something like that in these II division games.

It Clicked few hours after I Posted the MSG They have that tournament every year All the North American Teams that don't make it to the Play-offs end up playing for their Country.

I think that this tournaments reverence would be much more bigger if these games would be held like every other year and not at all in Olympics year. This tournament is despite that very popular in Europe. This year it seems that Russia and Canada are going strong and USA is generally held as medal candidate.

And Finland... for +%¤!"#"¤ sake we lost to Denmark! Today we have a must win match against Germany who beat USA last friday.

#7 ozjohn39

ozjohn39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:50 AM

Australia plays ICE HOCKEY??

DAMN!!! I never knew that!

John.
"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". - Voltaire.

#8 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Australia plays ICE HOCKEY??

DAMN!!! I never knew that!

John.

:D:D Now you need to find out if Melbourne has a team. I know a guy from Perth, Australia and he didn't know this too.

#9 ozjohn39

ozjohn39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:01 AM

We are currently World Champions at FIELD Hockey, so I suppose we had better settle for that.

John.
"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". - Voltaire.

#10 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:05 AM

We are currently World Champions at FIELD Hockey, so I suppose we had better settle for that.

John.

I have a really dull day at the office, so I decided to find out more about Australian ice hockey. Here as some links to provide you more info.

http://www.iha.org.au/
Australian Ice Hockey League (Design, Hosting, Registration & Administration tools by esportsdeskpro.com)
Melbourne Ice - Melbourne's Australian Ice Hockey League Team
YouTube - Ice Hockey: Melbourne Ice versus Newcastle Northstars
YouTube - blue tongues VS Melbourne Ice. Ice-hockey game (Australians can play hockey)

#11 ozjohn39

ozjohn39

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:50 PM

edhunter,

I would assume that a lot of the ice hockey players in OZ are ex-pat Americans and Canadians.

We have a lot of them playing Baseball and American Football, though these sports are very minor in numbers compared to Cricket, Rugby, and Australian Rules Football.

John.

#12 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Well, Denmark beat the US team in the extra time so I guess we´re facing a big surprise already...
Posted Image

#13 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

edhunter,

I would assume that a lot of the ice hockey players in OZ are ex-pat Americans and Canadians.

We have a lot of them playing Baseball and American Football, though these sports are very minor in numbers compared to Cricket, Rugby, and Australian Rules Football.

John.

Yeah, I believe that ice hockey is very minor sports in you country. Aren't you guys quite good at rugby?

By the way, we won Germany 1-0. Tomorrow we have very crucial match against USA. If we win, Yanks are going to continue their tournament in the preliminary group to avoid relegation to the I division (division B).

#14 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

Yesterday we had fierce battle against team USA and we won 3-2, so we're through to the next round. USA will continue their games in preliminary group.

#15 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,289 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

Another surprise result: Norway beat the Czechs 3-2....
Posted Image

#16 JTF-2

JTF-2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationOttawa Valley

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

The Swiss, beat Canada.

We better wake up...if we want to win this
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Facta non verba. "Deeds, not words"

#17 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:22 PM

The Swiss, beat Canada.

We better wake up...if we want to win this

Yeah, lots of surprises this year. As Canadian, how closely you follow these games while NHL playoffs are going on?

#18 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Anf the winner is... :D
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#19 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:35 PM

Anf the winner is... :D

Aah, are quoting to Russia-Finland match???:D

Yes I know, Finland got a proper ass-kicking in that match, 5-0 to Russia!!!! And to your question, Russia is the winner of the whole tournament if you ask me.

Tomorrow are the quarterfinals, well see what happens...

#20 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yeah, lots of surprises this year. As Canadian, how closely you follow these games while NHL playoffs are going on?

Very Little interest but it does get coverage, God Done It's Hockey!
It's to be Noted; the Quest For Lord Stanly in some parts of Canada is more Popular and will take precedence over Religion.:D

I always wounder if Jesus can wind -Up a Slap-Shot :D well I did hear once he could throw a perfect Curve-Ball~~~~~~~~~~~X

#21 JTF-2

JTF-2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationOttawa Valley

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:41 PM

Not to much to be honest. For a couple of reason, one is the time of the games, being in Germany, they are usually during working hours. 2nd is that the NHL is playoffs...so..don't watch it..and dont' really care...to be honest lol

But...

Go Canada!!!!
[sigpic][/sigpic]

#22 Spaniard

Spaniard

Dishonorably Discharged

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Canada was Eliminated by Russia 5-2 and Is OUT :rolleyes: I'm Heart Broken, devastated,:wail: a well can't win them All.:D

#23 JTF-2

JTF-2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationOttawa Valley

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

Sucked....Oh well...Russia should win it all..with ease Iam thinking
[sigpic][/sigpic]

#24 Sloniksp

Sloniksp

Ставка

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,419 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:37 PM

Revenge!!!!! :D
The war against Russia will be such that it cannot be conducted in a knightly fashion. This struggle is one of ideologies and racial differences and will have to be conducted with unprecedented, unmerciful and unrelenting harshness. -Adolf Hitler

#25 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Tonight Russia had severe problems with Germany, but went throught to the finals with a late goal by Datsyik.

I'm writing this at the intermission of Canadiens-Flyers match. NHL hockey sure looks faster than European hockey. This is actually first match I watch live in this years play-offs. Well, in Flyers they have two Finnish guys, Timonen and Leino so I'm with them here. Go Flyers!

... and Leino scores 2-0 to Flyers!

By the way, Finland was kicked out of the competition by the Czech's. It sucks, but what you gonna do. So, the final tomorrow is Russia - Czech.

Edited by edhunter76, 22 May 2010 - 08:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users