Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Kiel Kriegsmarine Ausweis

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Skipper, May 9, 2010.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Who said it was impossible to find find KM stuf fon the continent? This Ausweis was brought home by its French owner after the war. I bought this at a fair yesterday.

It's from the Security departement of the Kriegsmarine in Kiel and is a safe conduct for a French mechanic called LECOEUR (spelling mistake on Ausweis!) who was working on the docks for the KM .
    It is signed 1943 by a Oberwerfbuchfüher called Wetzel . It's the first time I see a Sicherheitswerfen cancelation on a KM document.

[​IMG]

Erich likes this.
  2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

you're sending me this item free of charge correct my friend ~ :D

cool Skip, very clear Stamm stamp on the lower left. Fürher seems to read Wetzel ?

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I think it's Wetzel, I thought of you when I found this and had to buy it . Do you know anything about this curious rank? I have never heard of a Oberwerfbuchführer before

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Administrative book-keeping section out of the work station in Kiel in regards to the patrol vessels in the harbor - Kiel. Notice to Mechanic Gaston

Skipper likes this.
  5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Cheers Erich. I love this little document it is also evidence that the KM hired skilled Frenchmen on their warfs. I had heard about this but had no written documents to confirm this

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

yes Skip was wondering about ht man's last name sure not Deutsche. a neat little notification for your database, now what other "secrets" of KM are still stowed away in France. :cool:

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skip or anyone can someone ID the gent that signed the little doc in pencil of late war official notification ....

Hörlitz ?

[​IMG]

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I will be watching them Erich , KM items are often found in Southern France due to the proximity of Toulon. People would expect them in the North but Bordeaux seems to be far more prolific than Britanny and Normandy for such finds.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

That's an interesting unnazified Armistice day demobilization document. It seems to be signed by a Flottillechef called Horllitz (spelling?)

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skip let me know if you hear of anything else to your south, north east wherever in France concerning the KM.

yes the chap signing in pencil was only the "acting" Flottillenchef and not the usual one in that position, right at wars end or upon surrendering these changed type of docs were issued in fact some S-Boot Abzeichen and documents with these badges were issued via ceremonies in late May of 45 with and under British POW docternation.

wish I could read the blue writing of the man's name on the lower left as well, the doc is rather small besides.

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It's hard to say Erich, "Martin" or "Munstermann" , it could be anything

12. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ye a real problem, r's, s's, t's, h's all to close together too many times