Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Let Tiger Woods Get on With It

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Volga Boatman, May 10, 2010.

1. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

I, personally, have had quite enough of the media hype surrounding Tiger Woods. I ask, WHO CARES what this man does in his private life. The media should back off and let him make the golf clubs do the talking. This is, after all, exactly what the man does for a living. Womanizing does not mean that his ability to play golf is compromised.

While it may be viewed in certain circles as immoral, womanizing is not a crime. And it has, further, no direct link to his ability to represent different sponsors and their idiotic products.

Golf is the only sport on earth where players are rated directly by their ability to win tournaments and cash, rather than any other meaningless statistic. You can argue all day about who was, statistically, the best performer at any sport in any given catagory. Golf puts you up on a platform, where you either perform, or sink under.

Leave these players private lives alone. It has no effect on the game itself. Are you going to stop buying Wood's endorsed products because the man can't keep his John Thomas between the thighs of his own wife? Of course not!

So, back off, world press. Golfing pros require a very high degree of competance just to be at that level, let alone perform for game after game at the pinnacle. It's time we started to concentrate on the game, rather than the media window dressing.

fruiniulk likes this.
  2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Yeah! But I bet John Daly enjoyed the respite. Now -- Go Phil Mickelson !

3. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

What about this guy?
    YouTube - C'mon Son 7

Nah, all jokes aside I am quite happy that they are finally dropping the story; its nobody else's business what he does in his own life. Hes an excellent golf player and we all respect that, nuff said.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

As tiger woods brought it all upon himself because of his over-sized need to have sex with prostitutes and low-lifes. I could care less if this over-paid and parlaid dork ever gets back into playing golf. He did it to himself and nobody twisted his arm making him date all those women. I also will go one further in that I hope his wife divorces him and takes him to the cleaners. The golfer did it all and to himself. He was greedy and deserves to be continually humiliated.

As you can tell, im no woods fan and could care less what happens to woods.

5. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

He deserves nothing from us but to be left alone. AS stated already, it is none of our business and I personally don't care what he does. Do you care what any other member does in the (really) personal part of their life?

Tiger is no different, the only people this should concern is his wife and kids that is all.

brndirt1 likes this.
  6. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I agree Robert, it was great "grist for the cartoon mill" and such for a bit of time, but get over it guys. Mayhaps people who wish him ill, still remain jealous of his money and the number of "babes" he bedded? Or maybe they (the babes) are just jumping on the band-wagon for their own little "piece of the pie", both with media attention and possible monetary gain.

When Wilt Chamberlain bragged that he had probably "bedded 10,000 or more", we (the public) didn't do much more than shake our heads in wonder. When did he find the time?

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Which is why I no longer watch the news or subscribe to a newspaper. Who cares about which celebrity is having an affair now, or what Posh is wearing, or how skinny Jennifer Aniston is...yadda yadda yadda. Our news media has gone down the drain. also have you noticed.....what happened to editing? Geez.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Robert, Ike, same here. My sentiments exactly. Besides, I and we have more important things to talk about such as-Militaria, WWII, BBQing and such ;-))

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

sadly though gentlemen for many he has been protrayed as a role model but in reality he is just another rich Dik-wad with a torn marriage, and so easily covered by media hype. let him rot in peace.

I'm down with Carl on the WW 2 and Militaria thing....yes !

PzJgr likes this.
  10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, well said E. Also hope the voice is better? Well, in a few im off to enjoy a Birthday meal at one of my favorite Austin Eateries.

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

if anyone is really seeing that I am trying to knock Tiger down a dozen pegs that is not the case, it is apparent that he seemed to be the spokesperson for golfs entirety, and I really wish him the best, but for the present he really needs to think things through and with his funds go get lost sight unseen for several months and take note of what has happened in his life. would love to see him and his woman/kids get back together but this will take time especially from him.

C, thanks my voice is gone now, 10th week starting for the allergy season very severe in Orygun, raining out and windy/ snow on the hillsides, where are the 80F temps ? guess I could say the same story in similarity for Clint up in the great state of Montana too ?

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, have plenty of HOT Chicken Soup-that helped me out last time i lost my voice-a couple months ago ;-))

13. surfersami

surfersami Member

The whole hippocrasy of this is that people are making a bigger deal of this than when Clinton got caught.
    This is an issue between Tiger and his wife. If they can work it out we should let it go, it's really none of our business.

14. Watson

Watson Member

Tiger Woods not playing on this year's Ryder Cup? 12 months ago, the idea would have been inconceivable. Today is a different story. Tiger himself would be the first to admit that his game is not where it once was. Does he deserve a spot on the team based on his past reputaion and record? Would a "hotter" player be of more help to the American team, or might Tiger find his game and lead the Yanks to victory?

15. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Threads Merged.