#1 Not One Step Back

Not One Step Back

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 04:29 PM

im working on a ww2 novel

i've got a couple of ideas- tell me what u think

1) the life of a disgraced red army officer in a penal battalion having to deal with the guilt of deserting his men (the reason he was placed in the penal unit.) One thing though: his memory of the battle is blank, so he doesn't know if he actually did desert them
Main themes: caught between two totalatarian monsters, where does his loyalties lie?

2) a german teenager from an upper-middle class prussian family conscripted into the volksturm and thrown against the rampaging Red Army.
Main themes: hopelessness, loss of youth, coming to terms with the fact his country brought it upon them

but nothings set in stone so if you have any ideas (pref. eastern front themed but doesnt have to be) throw them my way!

cheers

#2 Jon George

Jon George

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

I'm not quite sure from the way you have worded this this post whether or not you are talking about ideas for two seperate books, but if they are plots for two different novels, why not intergrate them into one narrative? Perhaps even have the protagonists related in some way ...

#3 OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer

I Point at Opana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

Scifi? A guy goes back in time to prevent certain Allied disasters, and things don't work out as he remembers them. He gradually realizes that by going back he's changed time (or is an alternate reality) and that his "foreknowledge" is largely useless. Just when he's about to give up trying to make things better he meets himself, from an even more distant future, with advice on how to make it all better.

"One of our King Tigers could take five of your Shermans, but you always had six of them."

WWII Resources. Primary sources.
The Myths of Pearl Harbor. Demythologizing the attack.
Hyperwar. Hypertext history of the Second World War.
Pearl Harbor Attack Message Board
Veteran: USN, 1969-1989

#4 luketdrifter

luketdrifter

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Love the first idea...I'd really like to see that done. If you start writing, keep us up to date!
Kicking up dust since 1978

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users