Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

england world cup Squad..

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by sniper1946, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

2. DCBGSU

DCBGSU Member

Haha you better hope that Rooney and Defoe can go 90 the whole match. Peter Crouch is absolute garbage i can't believe they put him on the squad. Hell Heskey isn't to bad, he was pretty good when he was at Wigan. Its hard to believe out of all the strikers in England there arent two better strikers than Crouch and Heskey though.. Bent was a monster this year, hell shoulda given Agbonlahor a chance, he's got crazy pace he woulda ran some loops around defenders out there.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Must admit I´m always amazed how Heskey comes up in the final plan. I also read that Paul Scholes was asked to join the WC team but he refused. Not enough young top level players who want to play for England????

4. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

It's worth having a bet! we wont qualify...ha! ha! too many names that did'nt perform last WC, or European tournament.. or under previous managers either..gerrard! never has a good game? and like too many big names? they keep getting selected. and winning!! that is what will not happen? this time around too...

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Same for the French team, local supermarkets have set up a bet:

If they go 1/4 final you get 25% of your new tv back
    1/2 final = 50%
    FINAL = free TV .
    In other words they are safe to bet the team will go home before.....
    It's good marketing to say the least. :)

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

that tells you something skipper, here! one advert on t.v. was offering to give you £10 for every england goal, ha!ha! they think it's a safe bet? me thinks!

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Excellent, I see they have the same marketing technics in both countries

8. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Q: What's the difference between England and a tea bag? :confused:

A: The tea bag stays in the cup longer.:D

9. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I am quite shocked that Lennon and Wright-Phillips made the cut and Walcott did not. Walcott certainly needs to improve his final 1/3rd game, but you can't deny that he had some rather excellent games for Arsenal this year, and his blazing speed more then makes up for his lack of finesse at this point. Lennon and Wright-Phillips don't have that speed, and IMHO they aren't any better at finishing in the final 1/3rd either.

And Milner - isn't he still injured? I think I read that he might be able to start practicing after the first or second game of the WC -seems like a rather risky move. The England team is a bunch of old people or injured people.

And France - I am still confused how Abou Diaby made the cut over team mate Samir Nasri...Nasri typically started over Diaby. How the managers pick their teams is beyond me...

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Rooney should score the necessary goals but it is interesting to see if the Premier league midfield "cannons" can start scoring this time for England. Time for Lampard and Gerrard to hit the net in the WC like they do in the Premier League-at least Lampard did well last season.

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

go Bayern !

12. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

Well by the great reviews :rolleyes: I see The British will have to develop a stiff Upper Lip :snooty: and carry on in Good Form.:panic:

I wounder how many English Football Drunken Hooligans Fans they'll Bust this year. :D Well South Africa is Far.

I wounder Which three teams I Hate most; Italy, Portuguese, and England, nor do I care much for the French :D.

13. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

you've been ballacked, Erich..ha! ha!:D

14. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

beware the snipers bullet..:eek:;)

15. Mussolini

The England squad is the OLDEST and MOST CAPPED SQUAD they have ever fielded. I am thinking Capello will be short lived as England Manager.

16. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I think he signed a new contract until 2012? If he gets the sack it means he will be paid well until then....nothing new in the market but I guess they had to keep him as Inter was pretty interested...

17. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

he'll be on the edge of his seat in the qualifiers, if we don't beat usa.. and that is a possibility too, first game needs a win, a draw! dodgy times ahead?

18. Mussolini

Very dodgy, given the team selection. Pre-selection, I would have favored England 2 vs 1 USA, but now, with the selection, I am not so sure.

19. DCBGSU

DCBGSU Member

I was surprised with Wright Phillips as well, not so much Lennon. Although, if Wright Phillips plays the way he did early on in the year for Man City it should be an interesting threat. IMO, i think he is a more complete player than Theo Walcott. Sure Walcott has pace, but he doesnt know how to make runs at the centre backs without the ball at all, besides his pace i dont think he's anything spectacular in regards to his play making decisions. Still reminds me of the same Walcott i watched as a 16 year old for Southampton. He's pretty much transparent on the international stage, mind you he had a hat trick v croatia but that looks more like a one off performance than anything consistent. Lennon has some blistering pace as does Wright Phillips, WP can also move forward to play in an attacking role as well as mid field, showing his versatility. Hell i woulda stuck young Jack Wilshere into the fray a seen what he can do, that kid has an amazing future.

20. -tmm-

-tmm- Member

Premier League stats this season:

Aaron Lennon
    Appearances: 22
    Assists: 10
    Goals: 3

Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Appearances: 30
    Assists: 8
    Goals: 4

Theo Walcott
    Appearances: 23
    Assists: 2
    Goals: 3

^ that probably goes some way to explain why Walcott has finally been dropped from the squad. Combined with the fact that he's been living off the glory of a hat-trick against Croatia, and done little else for England. Walcott can run very fast, but it doesn't make him a footballer.