• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2165 replies to this topic

#1 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 21,982 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

This is the new thread for your newest militaria. I hope it will be as nice and prolefic as the previous versions. :)

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#2 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

First share: my newest potato masher box . This genuine box was found in an attic near Besançon (near Belfort eastern France) there were heavy combats ther ein 1944. ( masher is a modern inert of course). Pictures were taken after cleaning but before before restoring the paint with shoe polish. I manged to get about 80% of the original paint back.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • C.Evans, Kai-Petri and jagdpanther44 like this

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:09 AM

second goodie : a Dutch WWII helmet (1940) with some of the original paint still on it . This one has been . This one has been on the floor of a humid cellar for over 70 years, so the liner is partly gone and the restoration work will take another couple of hours before I get a new chin strap and new rivets to fix the liner.

Posted Image

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#4 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:17 AM

Great P/Masher box and Dutch Lid. Ive always wanted a Dutch helmet for the non-existant steel helmet collection I have ;_)) I'd also like a Swiss lid too.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#5 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

Thanks Carl, it's also something I have always wante dto have. I'm about to leave for another hunt. I came back yesterday with two German field telephones, I will post pictures when I return

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#6 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• 20,307 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 June 2010 - 04:38 PM

Another two nice autographs.... ;) ;)

Signed private photo of Otto Wolff.
Knight´s Cross 29.2.1944
KIA 7/9/1944

Dietrich Bruns
Studio photo
Knight´s Cross 09.08.1942

Ritterkreuzträger Diedrich Bruns Oberstleutnant der Reserve
  • Erich, Skipper, jagdpanther44 and 1 other like this
Posted Image

#7 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:53 PM

Hi Skipper, Kai, great stuff and darn im a bnit envious of you two especially since you both live so much nearer to all that militaria than i do ;-00

Oh and Skipper, you might want to take a look see in my ebay account for stuff im watching and might be trying for ;-))
Posted Image

#8 jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44

Relic hunter

• TrusteeOKF Trustee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 13 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Skipper, Kai, great catches, well done.

I've been after one of those Stahl-granate cases for ages but the ones i've come across have either been in real bad shape or are ridiculously priced.
Regards
John

"It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see" - Winston Churchill

#9 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

John, my case was a difficult catch too. 25 other people had sent the owner an email (this was an ad on the internet) but I was the fastest and offered the man a decent amount + shipping for this heavy box.

Carl, I will have a look in your account and post your new pics for you.

kai, great pictures once again, your collection is growing fast.

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#10 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:33 AM

Hi Skipper, none are mine yet but just thought I would give you a headsup on what I am and will most liekly bid on ;-)) Some goodies in these ;-))
Posted Image

#11 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

getting set up to finish the rather narrow/long document set with text now this will finish up my north corner over the KM bookshelf once framed in. now looking to purchase, albeit very spendy; a very nice S-Boot Abzeichen to enlighten this special late war document grouping.

the Sailor was involved from the very start when S-176 entered into operations in March of 1944 and with the 2nd Schellboot Flottille at Normandie and made through wars end as the items were purchased though the Familie. One of the unique items is the full crew roster-photo during August 8, 1944.

enjoy folks !

the gilt on the doc is still very pristine and has not faded to the greens

Posted Image

photo the Kommanduer in the centre with his trusty Obersteurmann to his left

Posted Image

and his EK 2 document, interesting to note the Familie blackend out the center of the EK at the top of the doc and green triangled the KM eagle at the lower left.........

Posted Image

S-176 and crew were to lose their Boot on the night of April 27, 1944 with MTB's 493 and 494 the latter was torn in half by S-176, the MTB 493 collided with the S-176 as she came out the other side and MTB 493 lost most of one side of her hull only saved by literally dragging her back to base ripped but she was not to sail again, S-176 then recived the rest of the MTB cannon fire and the CO Stockfleth put on charges and blew the Boot once surviving members were rescued POW and blew the Schnellboot to bits. It's a fascinating story one of many misconceptions of what really happened as the MTB's thought they had sunk a total of 4 of the 2nd Flottille S-Boots. Two of the 6 S-Boots of the 2nd S-Flottille actually got lost in the engagement during what was suppose to be a standard mining op, and made it back to base only much later.
  • Kai-Petri and Skipper like this
:aceofspades: E ~

#12 hucks216

hucks216

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Very nice little grouping especially with the addition of the photo.
Main Collecting Interests: WW II German Soldbucher, Wehrpasses & Award Citations.

#13 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

thanks Hucks, note the man sitting lower right has a HsK in wear above his S-Boot Ab.

yes think it is one of the better late war docs have seen, most of the hot stuff for S-Boot Ukrunde seems to be pre-43, now you are lucky if you can even find one without breaking the bank.

#14 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

As promised my German bakelite field telephones, one from 1943 with 1944 hook and one from 1940 also with but adapted with Ericson made hook and 1944 plug .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Martin Bull likes this

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#15 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Kai-Petri likes this

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#16 RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:12 AM

I wonder why they used a document with the first pattern E-Boat badge on it...the issue date is nearly a full 18 months after the design change.

Interesting.....

#17 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

the first S-Boot docs that came out bore the F.d.Z. last name in the lower right corner - Bender or ? before the S-Boot arm became seperate under Kommodore F.d.S. Rudi Peterson. the issuance of the 1st pattern S-Boot badge was in 1941 so were the docs that some time predated the award itself, strange but true. the 1st pattern motif was kept through the war, even with the change in design and implementation of the newer 2nd pattern badge in late 42.

#18 RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:37 AM

Very cool...an interesting tidbit of info.
Thanks!
Rich

#19 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:12 AM

HI( E, great grouping to say the least. That Doc is one hell of a nice piece.

Great phones Skip-gimme a call sometime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My Nr is: (238) 365-2899 ;-)) Yes, im being a wisearse :lol: :lol: but cool phone though.
  • Skipper likes this
Posted Image

#20 VonBond

VonBond

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

Some great stuff guys, as always. I've not bought anything for a few weeks but got this from ebay yesterday so I'm waiting for it to arrive. The sellers pics are ok so here it is, a dak/trop heer farriers trade patch, on cotton for the trop tunic. Also another I got a month or so back but never posted, the armourers trade patch for the trop overcoat.

Jerry

Attached Files

#21 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi Skipper, I dont have time for a Pm on this but if you can keep check on my ebay account-I night come away with 1-4 great German press pics.
Posted Image

#22 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• 21,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

I will Carl, if not today I will check it tomoroow, possibly during my lunch break .

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#23 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,429 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

well something just sailed in from northern German waters. have posted signed RK pics from this man in the past but this is quite unique being colored. RK mit EL end of 42 beginning of 1943, signed on the back.

Werner Töniges was the first recipient of the extremely rare S-Boot Abzeichen mit Brillants. First issued the 1st S-Boot pattern badge on 28th of January 1941 and then received the 2nd pattern S-Boot badge with Diamonds personally from Großadmiral Raeder on 16 December 1942 and this is what is shown on his dress tunic. The bade has 9 Diamonds incorporated into the swastika which is over-sized............. ah more fun things for the KM Schnellboot collection ...........

Posted Image
  • Kai-Petri likes this

#24 spotter

spotter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:45 PM

some pieces i got this weekend all INERT,5cm ww2 german mortar round ,eod patches,german bomb fuze locking rings,french ww1 fuze ,dummy no117 type fuze,remains of dummy 119 fuze ,zinc no119 fuze,us ww2 m15 white phos grenade ,french grenade fuze , a 303 cartridge tube for initiating artillery charges,and an artillery friction igniter..the relic m15 grenade and 5cm mortar will be made into cutaways .
prize piece tho is the muzzle brake possibly from a 6pdr anti tank gun.

Attached Files

Check out my ordnance website www.bocn.co.uk

#25 AndyPants

AndyPants

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

Great new additions guys,

I'm just back from France myself today so when I get unpacked I'll post a few photos
All the Best,

Andy

"people who are not themselves are nobody" - General George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users