Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

What's your newest militaria III

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by Skipper, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This is the new thread for your newest militaria. I hope it will be as nice and prolefic as the previous versions. :)

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

First share: my newest potato masher box . This genuine box was found in an attic near Besançon (near Belfort eastern France) there were heavy combats ther ein 1944. ( masher is a modern inert of course). Pictures were taken after cleaning but before before restoring the paint with shoe polish. I manged to get about 80% of the original paint back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C.Evans, jagdpanther44 and Kai-Petri like this.
  3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

second goodie : a Dutch WWII helmet (1940) with some of the original paint still on it . This one has been . This one has been on the floor of a humid cellar for over 70 years, so the liner is partly gone and the restoration work will take another couple of hours before I get a new chin strap and new rivets to fix the liner.

[​IMG]

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great P/Masher box and Dutch Lid. Ive always wanted a Dutch helmet for the non-existant steel helmet collection I have ;_)) I'd also like a Swiss lid too.

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Thanks Carl, it's also something I have always wante dto have. I'm about to leave for another hunt. I came back yesterday with two German field telephones, I will post pictures when I return

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, Kai, great stuff and darn im a bnit envious of you two especially since you both live so much nearer to all that militaria than i do ;-00

Oh and Skipper, you might want to take a look see in my ebay account for stuff im watching and might be trying for ;-))

8. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Skipper, Kai, great catches, well done.

I've been after one of those Stahl-granate cases for ages but the ones i've come across have either been in real bad shape or are ridiculously priced.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

John, my case was a difficult catch too. 25 other people had sent the owner an email (this was an ad on the internet) but I was the fastest and offered the man a decent amount + shipping for this heavy box.

Carl, I will have a look in your account and post your new pics for you.

kai, great pictures once again, your collection is growing fast.

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, none are mine yet but just thought I would give you a headsup on what I am and will most liekly bid on ;-)) Some goodies in these ;-))

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

getting set up to finish the rather narrow/long document set with text now this will finish up my north corner over the KM bookshelf once framed in. now looking to purchase, albeit very spendy; a very nice S-Boot Abzeichen to enlighten this special late war document grouping.

the Sailor was involved from the very start when S-176 entered into operations in March of 1944 and with the 2nd Schellboot Flottille at Normandie and made through wars end as the items were purchased though the Familie. One of the unique items is the full crew roster-photo during August 8, 1944.

enjoy folks !

the gilt on the doc is still very pristine and has not faded to the greens

[​IMG]

photo the Kommanduer in the centre with his trusty Obersteurmann to his left

[​IMG]

and his EK 2 document, interesting to note the Familie blackend out the center of the EK at the top of the doc and green triangled the KM eagle at the lower left.........

[​IMG]

S-176 and crew were to lose their Boot on the night of April 27, 1944 with MTB's 493 and 494 the latter was torn in half by S-176, the MTB 493 collided with the S-176 as she came out the other side and MTB 493 lost most of one side of her hull only saved by literally dragging her back to base ripped but she was not to sail again, S-176 then recived the rest of the MTB cannon fire and the CO Stockfleth put on charges and blew the Boot once surviving members were rescued POW and blew the Schnellboot to bits. It's a fascinating story one of many misconceptions of what really happened as the MTB's thought they had sunk a total of 4 of the 2nd Flottille S-Boots. Two of the 6 S-Boots of the 2nd S-Flottille actually got lost in the engagement during what was suppose to be a standard mining op, and made it back to base only much later.

Kai-Petri and Skipper like this.
  12. hucks216

hucks216 Member

Very nice little grouping especially with the addition of the photo.

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

thanks Hucks, note the man sitting lower right has a HsK in wear above his S-Boot Ab.

yes think it is one of the better late war docs have seen, most of the hot stuff for S-Boot Ukrunde seems to be pre-43, now you are lucky if you can even find one without breaking the bank.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

As promised my German bakelite field telephones, one from 1943 with 1944 hook and one from 1940 also with but adapted with Ericson made hook and 1944 plug .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Martin Bull likes this.
  15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kai-Petri likes this.
  16. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

I wonder why they used a document with the first pattern E-Boat badge on it...the issue date is nearly a full 18 months after the design change.

Interesting.....

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

the first S-Boot docs that came out bore the F.d.Z. last name in the lower right corner - Bender or ? before the S-Boot arm became seperate under Kommodore F.d.S. Rudi Peterson. the issuance of the 1st pattern S-Boot badge was in 1941 so were the docs that some time predated the award itself, strange but true. the 1st pattern motif was kept through the war, even with the change in design and implementation of the newer 2nd pattern badge in late 42.

18. RRCOLLECTOR

RRCOLLECTOR Member

Very cool...an interesting tidbit of info.
    Thanks!
    Rich

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

HI( E, great grouping to say the least. That Doc is one hell of a nice piece.

Great phones Skip-gimme a call sometime :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My Nr is: (238) 365-2899 ;-)) Yes, im being a wisearse :lol: :lol: but cool phone though.

Skipper likes this.
  20. VonBond

VonBond Member

Some great stuff guys, as always. I've not bought anything for a few weeks but got this from ebay yesterday so I'm waiting for it to arrive. The sellers pics are ok so here it is, a dak/trop heer farriers trade patch, on cotton for the trop tunic. Also another I got a month or so back but never posted, the armourers trade patch for the trop overcoat.

Jerry

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.