Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Vuvuzela Drone killing World Cup atmosphere

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Spaniard, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

This is really starting to put my knickers in a Bun, what an annoying sound, the Hummmmmmmmmmmmming
    of the South African trumps is starting to aggravate Me, that I turned of the Germany VS Australia game of at half Time.

Sheeeeeeeeeee you would figure after 40 minutes of constant blowing they Tired out, No way they just keep on going. :grumble:

[​IMG]

Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere - World Cup News - FOX Sports on MSN

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

use the mute button, I am ..........

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

bring back the drums...

4. -tmm-

-tmm- Member

It's really doing my head in too. I don't think I have actually enjoyed a match so far this world cup.

5. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

:DLets here it for ENGLAND.........A good old singalong..*&$% the horns!!!:D

[YOUTUBE]ux5qfj1wveI[/YOUTUBE]:)

6. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

7. Milleniumgorilla

Milleniumgorilla Member

Well it's a pretty annoying sound but it's part of the South African fan-culture so I would oppose a ban. It would be terrible if some Fifa official would decide how one can support his team.

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

South Africa is not the only team playing there. They need to find a less burdensome method of displaying their culture, if a plastic horn qualifies as "culture." I understand that they are playing it all games, not just the ones South Africa is playing in.

It has made the news here. If it is so annoying that it is reported on here, in the Southern US, it has to be bad. Soccer (we already have a game called football) is not exactly the most popular sport in these parts.

9. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

hee! haw! hee! haw!.. [​IMG]

10. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

LOLllllllll Nice Pic Sniper! This has now taken a more serious Matter, Complaints from the Majority of TV Stations, who received millions of complaints from viewers thinking there was a problem with the broadcast and now Officials+++++ are complaining. France Blamed their performance on the Non-Stop Hummmmmmmming, A British Source Stated; Sounds like a Beeeeeeee Hive gone Mad. LOL.

They're now taking Measures to Band the plastic Trumpet, within a few days, lets hope :D Hard to watch a game of Foot in Mute. :rolleyes:

I have no Problems with the British Drums ;)

11. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

See my earlier posts on the matter, it's not gonna happen...there here to stay...and probably using aerosol cans to blow em, too...ha! ha!

12. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

South African fan-culture Since when I Ask? Just a Heads-Up in 1968 in Canada Montreal Hockey arenas they used to blast them, do you know how loud they are? Very, the sound is deafening even for a few Minutes. Also in CDN Football Games, as Baseball Games I've seen them used many years Ago but only for a few Seconds, Now?? I can just imagine how someone would feel listening to that for 90 Minutes :mad:

I remember in the 80sss, they were band from all Hockey Arenas. Therefore used by other countries before South African Fans even had a Clue on what those trumpets were. ;)

13. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Yes, apparently it makes enough decibels of sound that its about 20 decibels above the 'damage' level. Its truly the most annoying sound I have ever heard at a game and doesn't do anything for the atmosphere - if anything, it drowns out the noise of the fans singing etc. I find it gives me a headache.

14. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I would complian about them, but I have one I blow every year for St. Patricks Day so...................

15. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

Yes I thought of that, some must be using air compressors to keep them Blowing. Yes I read your last post, and also read some reports like you stated It's not going to happen, but I saw a few shows this morning and one Half an hour ago with World Cup Officials stating that their in the Process of baning them. Now if It's true or not I'll believe it when I can't hear that Buzzing sound.;) I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

A couple of Million Viewers turning of their TV's, I'm sure they'll be quickly removed Or one would think?

16. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

I wonder how many fans will come back vuvuzelled? or to put it simply! "£%&^&%^%$£ DEAF!!!!!

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Am praying this will not be the next kids world fad, can you imagine toys R us selling these stupid horns and .............. :eek:

18. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Well, I have to add that those things are NOT going to endear the sport to the American audience. I have only heard them the one time, and so only watch the "highlights" on re-caps. I simply don't need to listen to that sort of crud for more than a couple of minutes to understand I don't want to hear it any more.

I'm all for "fan spirit" and "national sports pride", but this is neither. It is simply irritating. BTW, I felt pretty sorry for that Danish player who scored one for the Dutch. Ouch! How embarrassing is that? Sort of reminded me of a guy running the wrong way for a touchdown in the NFL, but at least those only count 2 not a full 6 points when they happen. They aren't a goal.

19. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

I just Checked, all is still Safe Toys Or Us does not sell them, Yet.:D

Now I found around 10 makers as distributors of this Item they call it A,
    "Plastic Woofer Horne"

Their Selling them for 0.35us each for a 1000.

Extra loud woofer horn With England Flag :D

[​IMG]

Extra loud woofer horn With England Flag-Soccer Air Horn With Flag-Sports Stadium Horn-Soccer Ball Fan Produsts-Falous Toys Co., Ltd

20. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

never say never Clint ............. think I'm getting sick