England's unfortunate goalkeeper Rob Green has become the butt of a number of jokes on the internet after his high-profile mistake against the USA.
Published: 7:30AM BST 14 Jun 2010
Robert Green's high-profile blunder has made him the subject of several jokes online Photo: GETTY IMAGES
Here is a selection of those currently doing the rounds online.
- World Cup 2010: Robert Green becomes England's joker in the pack...
* Why is Robert Green like ITV HD? They both switch off at the crucial moment.
* Yesterday at London Zoo one of the staff let a a Central American monkey slip out of his grasp. So Robert Green's not the only English keeper to drop a Howler.
* What does Robert Green do after winning the World Cup? Drops his controller.
* Robert Green has just been refused a Savings Account in his Local Bank
* At least that's one British spillage the Americans won't be moaning about...
* All these Rob Green jokes are getting out of hand...In fact they're crossing the line
* Kermit was right: It's not easy being Green.
* The England lads had a get-together after the game and bought Robert Green a drink to commiserate. He spilled it.
* Steven Gerrard said: "The whole team is behind Rob Green." With hindsight, that's a good place to stand.
* My computer's got the Robert Green virus. It can't save anything.