Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

capello and rooney, ha! ha!

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by sniper1946, Jun 20, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

• I'm shocked at Wayne Rooney's outburst after the Algeria game. Who knew he could even string a sentence together! :D

• Fabio Capello was wheeling his shopping trolley across the supermarket car park when he noticed an old lady struggling with her bags of shopping. He stopped and asked, "Can you manage dear?" To which the old lady replied, "No way. You got yourself into this mess, don't ask me to sort it out!" :D

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Seems like Capello is not sure how to fix things...that´s not a good sign... :(

TEAMtalk - Football News, Transfer Gossip, Live Scores, Results - Rooney must sort out head - Capello

Capello is concentrating on ridding himself of the faults that are costing England so badly, except he is not entirely sure how.

"This is a good question," said Capello when asked what he could do to improve the performance of his team.

"I have spoken a lot with the players. We have trained all the time and we have practised everything.

"But when we have played we have lacked the same pace.

"The fear of the World Cup is in the mind of the players. It is incredible.

"The performance in training is good. But the players on the pitch are not the same ones that I know."

England's bad performances have come as a huge shock to thousands of travelling supporters in South Africa as well as millions back home.

And, after easing through a tough qualifying group with nine wins from 10 games - losing only to Ukraine after Robert Green had been sent off - the collapse has left Capello nonplussed as well.

"I am surprised," he said. "I can remember exactly what happened in the first game we played against Switzerland at Wembley after I took over.

"I also remember after we beat Croatia away we started to play differently. Now I hope it will be the same.

"We have to play like we train. But the problem is not only when we win the ball. We have to win it back quickly.

"We have to press the opponents to win back the ball. I want to see that spirit."