2 replies to this topic

#1 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,310 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

Not since the 1988 Olympics and the Jamaican bobsled team has the city of Calgary seen something this crazy. The Flames are bringing back Olli Jokinen, who they brilliantly dumped off to the Rangers at the trade deadline just months ago.

Jokinen will get $6 million over two years from Darryl Sutter and the Flames. Meanwhile, Sutter will hide in his office to avoid projectiles.

Olli Jokinen Heads Back To Calgary, Fans Freak Out - SBNation.com
Posted Image

#2 edhunter76

edhunter76

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

Not since the 1988 Olympics and the Jamaican bobsled team has the city of Calgary seen something this crazy. The Flames are bringing back Olli Jokinen, who they brilliantly dumped off to the Rangers at the trade deadline just months ago.

Jokinen will get $6 million over two years from Darryl Sutter and the Flames. Meanwhile, Sutter will hide in his office to avoid projectiles.

Olli Jokinen Heads Back To Calgary, Fans Freak Out - SBNation.com

Yeah, some of the Flames fans doesn't seem to be very happy about this. Hopefully he has better seasons to come and he can have some respect from the fans in the future. Somehow I doubt this very much.

#3 Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri

Kenraali

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 20,310 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

Personally I think Olli should have refused to go back as it is bound to end in tears. I know he did not score that much but then again his season was good as he was doing more defending and he was not minus 50 in the plus and minus section but some +9 instead. That should be remembered. usually he did 30 goals and 30 passes but if you are -50 when all the points are counted I would not think you were that much of a hero unless 2/3 of goals were game winning goals....

I think his relationship with the Galgary fans is over and done with. Stupid move.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users