8 replies to this topic

#1 Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 12:06 PM

Can anyone supply me with some pictures from this book-any at all would be appreciated.
Thankyou in advance everyone.
"GARRY OWEN"-Traditional war-cry of the US 7th Cavalry.
"CURRAHEE"-War-cry of the US 506th PIR.
"Everybody thinks that they are going to get the chance to punch some Nazi in the face at Normandy-and those days are over, they are long gone"-Lt Chris Burnett

#2 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 09:50 PM

Hi Ryan--did you not ever recieve those photos I sent to you last year? Many were from Tank Killers and some from my collection.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#3 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,414 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 10:20 PM

Ryan :

You're best bet is to contact Roger James Bender publishing on his web-site and buy a copy......no sense messing with copyright laws. The book does not cost that much anyway. This is an unfortuante book in that the photos were scanned in a very cheap way. As I have sample pics of several of the RK winners, the ones in the book are duplicated very dark and do not offer much in the way of fine details.......

E
:aceofspades: E ~

#4 Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 04:37 AM

Oh yes Carl I did-how simple of me! My collection I sso big now I just forget what I do and do not have!!!!

Erich-yes It is always disappointing when the scans are done poorly, they really do take away from the credit of the book....
"GARRY OWEN"-Traditional war-cry of the US 7th Cavalry.
"CURRAHEE"-War-cry of the US 506th PIR.
"Everybody thinks that they are going to get the chance to punch some Nazi in the face at Normandy-and those days are over, they are long gone"-Lt Chris Burnett

#5 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:04 PM

No problem my friend and a reminder--so you have a good scan of a TDB--that we can possibly use on a T-shirt?

And I know--I still owe you, Steve, Erich and Ivan something in the mail. Im down for the moment without a job, and im possibly going to have one next week--but only if im promised 40 hrs or more. I had originally quit that particular job as they slashed my hrs in half and I could not afford to keep working there.
Posted Image

#6 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,414 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:21 PM

Carl :

No problemo. Ich verstehen ! Get work, that is your priority.....just don't go looking for passing out newspapers in the eve on a Stingray bike, that's all.

E

#7 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:19 PM

Erich--been there and done that, only I was riding a '69 Satallite.

PS, yours will go out Tuesday morning. Then ill try to get Ryans, and Ivans in the next week or so and lastly--Steves.

I have a possibility for a job as we speak but, I justy dont know if I want it. My ex-area manager wants me to come back but--I just dont know if I really want to do so. At any rate--if I do--he will be talking to my ex-manager--er STUPORviser.
Posted Image

#8 Erich

Erich

Alte Hase

• Members
  • 14,414 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:44 PM

Carl: We were probably doing the same paper route in the 60's...eh ? Get a job that is priority like I said. Received your private message, so send items whenever. Have you thought about going into a self-employed job ?

E

#9 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:57 PM

Been there and done that too, too much competition around here for that.

Im going to be doing my best to get a Govt Civilain job--and possibly overseas. Im collecting contact info as we speak and have a phone number. Fort Hood has a huge office that has nothing but overseas jobs--im going to try to get in touch with them and see what will happen.

Glad you got the PM, and like an eagle waiting for a mouse--ill be watching ;)

[ 31 August 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: C.Evans ]
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users