Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Self published manuscripts

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Stevin, Jul 12, 2002.

1. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Gents,

As some of you might know; one of my passions is collection self/privately published memoirs. I have quite a few in my possession. Most of these manuscripts/books are being sold by the vets themselves, or their familiy and in some cases the associations they belong to.

Vets are passing away far too quickely and many of these manuscripts become more difficult to come by.

I would like to know whether any of you are familiar with these publications and know where they can be obtained.

Books published by (big) publishing houses will in most cases be readily available one way or the other. These self published ones probably wont.

If any of you can help me to titles, names of authors or point me to where I can obtain these books, please let me know.

TIA

Stevin

2. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Those are the best books! The ones which are not best sellers but are full of feelings and experiences... I am not saying that marshall Von Bock's war diaries or Halder's memoirs are more or less interesting than any private's or sargent's ones... They just show different things and feelings...

I have got my both grandfather's diaries. But Obstlt. Von Hammerstein und Hartmann stills keeping his. But I have captain Jolly's ones all for me. I have actually posted one of the chapters here and will post more.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Go to the vets section and get RKT Martin Drewes's address and writ to him about his book. He gave me a copy of it earlier this year. Martin Drewes was a Night fighter Pilot with about 53 victories.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

What was Herr Drewes's charge for his work ? Was it in Deutsch ?

thanks pal ! :D

E

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hello Erich--I think it was about $17.00. And it was in Deutsch.