#1 A-58

A-58

Cool Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationBaton Rouge, Louisiana

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hey Rogues, I found this in imdb.com earlier. Hope this project gets done, and done right. With Bruce Willis pushing it, the movie should be worth a look.

Bruce Willis announced his intention to make a pro-war film in which American soldiers will be depicted as brave fighters for freedom and democracy. It will be based on the exploits of the heavily decorated members of "Deuce Four", the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry, which has spent the past year battling insurgents in the northern Iraqi town of Mosul. Willis attended "Deuce Four"'s homecoming ball this month in Seattle, Washington, where the soldiers are on leave, along with Stephen J. Eads, the producer of Armageddon (1998/I) and The Sixth Sense (1999). The actor said that he was in talks about a film of "these guys who do what they are asked to for very little money to defend and fight for what they consider to be freedom". Willis is likely to take on the role of the unit's commander, Lieutenant- Colonel Erik Kurilla (November 2005).

Source: imdb.com

Edited by A-58, 24 August 2010 - 08:28 PM.
footnoted

"On the Plains of Hesitation, lies the blackened bones of countless millions who,
at the dawn of victory sat down to rest, and resting died"....

(Adlai Stevenson to Harry Truman on discussing the pros and cons of dropping the big one, or so I'm told)

#2 C.Evans

C.Evans

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,883 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

That'll be good to see. I always liked Bruce Willis and glad to see hes taking a break from being a Rock Star to being what he started out as-an Action Star.
Lost are only those, who abandon themselves) Hans-Ulrich Rudel.
:snoopy: :ww1ace:
Posted Image

#3 belasar

belasar

Court Jester

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:56 PM

I thought Tears of the Sun was a decent film so lets hope!
Wars are rarely fought in black and white, but in infinite shades of grey

(Poppy is occasionaly correct, or so I hear)

#4 Takao

Takao

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:39 AM

I have high hopes, I have always liked Bruce Willis's movies!

This is Michael Yon's website: Michael Yon - Online Magazine
The movie is supposed to be based on his writings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users