8 replies to this topic

#1 TruckersWife

TruckersWife

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

Hi, my name is Becky Forsythe Raynard but everyone calls me Beck. I am a 41 yr old mother of 2 grown children and the wife of a truck driver hence the name! I have always had an interest in WWll due to both of my grandfathers being in the war, 1 was in the Navy aboard the U.S.S. Borie and the other was in the Army. I have recently started looking into the history of my Grandfather who was in the Army because of him being a POW. I am very curious of the European/African/Middle Eastern Campaign, I have run into road blocks with my search and not sure where to look. I have his DD-214 but I am unable to find his company that he was assigned to. I will be researching the U.S.S. Borie also, this Grandfather is still with us and he can give me all the answers that I need but my other Grandfather passed about 3 years ago and didn't talk much of his military year. I am trying to find all medals and ribbons he is entitled to, I have found 8 medals but are not sure as to what they are for...I would appreciate anyone who can help me! Thank you for such a wonderful forum for people like me who really want answers.
Beck

#2 Greg Canellis

Greg Canellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

Welcome Becky. I suggest you post photos of his medals. Many knowlegable people here that would be glad to help.

Greg C.
"These are my credentials!"-Brig. Gen. Charles D.W. Canham [pointing to GI's of Company I, 13th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division] to General der Fallschirmjager Hermann Bernhard Ramcke, Crozon Peninsula September 19, 1944.

#3 Skipper

Skipper

Kommodore

• ModeratorsOKF Moderator
  • 22,236 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:54 AM

Hi Becky, welcome . We'll be glad to help you identify the medals

Vorsicht+Feind.JPG

#4 TruckersWife

TruckersWife

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Thank you everyone! I only have ribbons....my cousin said they were Grandpa's but another cousin said they can't be from WWll, I'm so lost! I will post a pic of what I have and any information would be great! I am still searching to see what he would have received or would be entitled to, I've sent for his records just waiting on St. Louis!

#5 ULITHI

ULITHI

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, New Mexico

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hello Becky, nice to meet you and welcome here. Don't be a stranger!
Have a good one,
Darren

#6 TruckersWife

TruckersWife

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image

#7 TruckersWife

TruckersWife

recruit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

This is all I have currently, my cousin said he also has a Bronze Star and the POW medal but my other cousin said he didn't know where those ribbons were....I desperately need help identifying this ribbons. Thank You all again!!!

#8 Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger

Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi Beck, welcome to the Forum!

Regards

Ulrich
Regards, Ulrich

Horrido!

"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem!" LtGen. Chesty Puller.

#9 Radar4077

Radar4077

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Welcome to the forums, Becky! I hope you find what you are looking for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users