Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

I am watching an NFL game,...

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by brndirt1, Oct 10, 2010.

1. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I am watching an NFL game, sort of "over my shoulder" as I diddle around on the forum. And while I am sympathetic to a fella keeping his family name, and desiring it to be pronounced as his family does, in the case of KC's place-kicker this year I might make an exception if I were he.

I am speaking of R. Succop; it is pronounced (at his insistence) as "suck up", now I don't know about you guys, but that makes me giggle every time he kicks one through the up-rights, or kicks off. Call me easily entertained.

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

When I was coaching my son's little league team a few years ago there was a kid on the visiting team named Richard Rinkle.

The kicker is that I got see this kid graduate from 8th grade and from Highschool; everytime his name was read the applause would briefly stop, and then resume, as if the crowd had to devote their complete attention to digesting what they had heard.

3. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

The comedian Tim Allen's real last name is Dick, I believe he uses his middle name of Allen on stage only. He was doing an interview one time on Leno and explaining his last name change.

(paraphrasing) "I come from a long line of Dicks, my Dad was a Dick, my Grandfather was a Dick, and as far as I can trace it the men in my family were all Dicks. Somehow that doesn't translate well on the marque."

His delivery had Leno cracking up.

4. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

NFL is the new king. Nothing better than a good NFL game. The production values, camera angles, and massive stadiums make great TV. CFL is fun. But anyone playing in the CFL would give their left nut to play NFL ball.